View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
12/29/2007 1:37 pm
I don't get the whole homosexuality thing either, and I've been exhausted completely trying to find more information on the matter.... Sin is sin in the bible there aren't any levels of sin in the Bible that makes one sin more acceptable to God than another - well nothing that I have found yet so far...

So whether its murder, homosexuality, or walking by someone who needs help and choose not to help them - its a sin. I don't get the high and mighty attitude of some Christians. The bible states that we go to heaven for beleiving in Jesus and accepting him into our heart... not by the good works that we do. Although we tend to want to more good things once we have accepted Jesus... and when we sin, we ask for forgiveness and move on.

As for the passages... just quoting one passage of scripture without reading the whole chapter is not a good idea. The bible is written in many parables, and pictures etc... It talks a lot about the bearing of fruit - which really has nothing to do with actual fruit... mostly its about the nourishment of God. And the bible says that if we don't get nourishment from God (spiritually) we won't bear fruit (I think this means goodness and kindess to others) and wither and become empty. I haven't read that whole chapter so I reserve the right to retract my interpretation, but I've seen those comparisons before in the Bible. You of all people Brendon I thought would be able to read into the metaphors..

I personally don't understand how someone could not beleive in God. Look at nature on this planet. Scientists have said this planet is a planet by design... Everything is balanced perfectly and the only thing screwing it up is Man. Man is the only species on this planet that can create with our hands, and yet our sinful nature is making us all greedy to the point of killing the planet. We want to be Gods... but we are not and can't be.

And there have been times in my life I thought I would be homeless or worse and yet something miraculous happens and the money showed up or something happened to prevent me from perishing... If there wasn't someone looking out for me up there - I would surely be dead by now.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.