View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2007 10:37 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buck
I state I am an atheist because I don't believe in God. I find most of what Jesus taught to be good advice, and yes, for the most part I even follow it. But I see no proof of a Perfect Entity ruling the universe, and even less proof that the Bible is what is right. And so I must declare myself an atheist. You don't need to be religious to have morals, you know.

And what's all this about being "quick to anger?" Are you saying all atheists are intrinsically "quick to anger?" How so?

Well said. Same here. I have to state I'm an Atheist because I usually have to pick a choice from a category. In reality, I guess I'm a Nothingist. I don't believe, or not believe in anything. I wish human intellect and the search for knowledge and understanding could prevail without any beliefs or 'faith' mixed in there to mess things up.
I too think there have been good things that have come from religion. However, I find it sad that humanity has to rely on such a crutch instead of just using their brains to figure things out for themselves.

I guess that's one of things about religion that bothers me the most. It's an organization that preys on people who can't think for themselves.
I kinda shake my head in disbelief when people talk about God as if he's real, yet if I was to talk about 'Malvor the Magnificent' from Alpha-Centuri who speaks to Earthlings on Sea Beams from the Shores of Orion. Then set up an organization that makes money from people organizing in my "Space Palaces" or 'churches' as you call them, I'd be labeled a fraud and a fruitcake.