View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
12/28/2007 7:31 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckWhaaaaat? You think Christianity is the most censored religion in North America? I think the fact that the huge majority of Canadians and Americans celebrate Christmas says otherwise. What about, like, Wicca or Shinto? Compare a Sikh wearing a turban in school with a Christian wearing a golden cross in school and see who gets picked on more.

To some degree, religion can be a good thing. It can give people hope and the faith that things will ultimately work out. It can help people beat their addictions and vices, and like you said, it can even hold people accountable for their actions.

The problem is when people take the "accountable for their actions" bit too far and mess up the whole world for the sake of obeying an ancient (and at least partially irrelevant) text to the letter. And that's kind of where I think we are now. Still.

I agree with Tonja. Christianty is the most censored religion in the US. You quote things happening in the (public) schools that just aren't true. A Christian cannot wear a cross on the outside of their shirt, but you can wear a shulk and cross bones T-shirt. You will find books in the library on witchcraft and santic rituals, but you will not find the Bible (I'm sure this is not the case in all public schools).

Back to my original question. What is right and what is wrong? Is what society says (the majority or mob, an average, a compromise), the government (who thinks were are too stupid to knkow what is best for us), how each dividual (which includes murders, rapists, theives, ect.), maybe the media or Hollywood (Anything goes), the schools (who so such a great job educating our children), your mother and father (Who still think of you as there little baby), etc. determine what is right and wrong? If someone personally believes it is OK to murder someone for looking at them crossed eyed, is he right. If the government says you cannot have more than one child per couple under threat of going to prison, are they right? Right and wrong is found in the Bible, God's word, and when people (who God has given free will) errors, does not make the Bible or religion false, outdated, etc.

I personally believe when someone states they are an athesist, they just don't want anyone pointing the finger and stating that what they are doing is wrong. Yet most of the time they really know they are doing wrong and that is why they are so quick to anger.

Just my opinion!