View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
12/28/2007 7:21 pm
Yes I think that Christianity is censored more.... I seriously doubt if somone wearing a turban would be picked on by teachers and government officials.. in fact I think the authorities would bend over backward to accomodate his religion and respect their praying times during the day or whatever they needed to do in respect of their religion...

However if a Christian wanted to take time in school or work to pray - do you think it would be allowed... of course not. As somone said before they'll get a detention for wishing someone Merry Christmas.

So yeah... I think everyone would bend to accomodate other religions before Christianity.

I do agree that there are Christians out there who judge - and I don't know why that is and nor do I agree with that. Anyone who commits sins well in my opinion that is between them and God (and everyone sins, even Christians - any Christian out there that says they don't sin is committing one as they say that) it is not my place nor anyone's to judge other people.

I don't know the Bible inside and out... but I do read it very frequently and try to learn more everyday. In the New Testament Jesus said the most important commandment to follow is to Love thy Neighbor as you love yourself... and I think there are many Christians that lose sight of the love they are supposed to share. It becomes about right and wrong - and justice...

Unfortunately... people hold Christians to a higher level than anyone else - so when a Christian messes up or loses their way... it puts a dark mark on Christianity. In the end... its just about You and God and how one chooses to nurture that relationship.

Edit** I misquoted the New Testament by stating Jesus said the most important comandment was love thy neighbor... that's not true the most important comandment was Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind.. the second most important was love thy neighbor (Matthew 22 : 36)
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.