Yo....

Psalmcaster
Made To Worship
Psalmcaster
Made To Worship
12/21/2007 6:24 am
So, I'm new here, just signed up for Guitar Tricks today. I'm just wanting to introduce myself and tell about good ol' me. I live in Chesnee, SC which is in the upstate/foothills area near NC. I'm more of a singer and songwriter than a guitar player, but I've played for years and I also learned bass about 2 years ago. I am a sold out Christian who tries to do nothing but pursue Christ every day, even when I fail miserably sometimes. I lead worship for Frontline Church and also preach/teach. I am in pursuit of my ordination as a minister in the Wesleyan Church. I've been married 8 years, no kids yet. I like to tinker with pawn shop guitars and re-paint them. I'm an avid MMA and pro wrestling fan. I used to wrestle for an indy wrestling company. I am a Loss Prevention Agent with Old Navy. I call it the fashion police. I love to watch The Office. Get the DVD sets, they rock. I hope to elevate my skill level on here. Not sure how the whole Online learning will be versus an instructor, but $85.00 a month at my local store is not feasable right now. I am optimistic, and hope all will go well. Also, I love to meet new folks on these forums, so holler at me...
[FONT=Courier New]Psalm 92:1-4

A psalm. A song. For the Sabbath day.

1 It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
2 to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
3 to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
4 For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD;
I sing for joy at the works of your hands.[/FONT]
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/21/2007 6:27 am
Welcome to GT!

Yeah, if you have already got ahold of guitar playing GT can definatly teach you the finer points. Been around these parts long enough to know. :p
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/22/2007 4:30 am
Originally Posted by: PsalmcasterSo, I'm new here, just signed up for Guitar Tricks today. I'm just wanting to introduce myself and tell about good ol' me. I live in Chesnee, SC which is in the upstate/foothills area near NC. I'm more of a singer and songwriter than a guitar player, but I've played for years and I also learned bass about 2 years ago. I am a sold out Christian who tries to do nothing but pursue Christ every day, even when I fail miserably sometimes. I lead worship for Frontline Church and also preach/teach. I am in pursuit of my ordination as a minister in the Wesleyan Church. I've been married 8 years, no kids yet. I like to tinker with pawn shop guitars and re-paint them. I'm an avid MMA and pro wrestling fan. I used to wrestle for an indy wrestling company. I am a Loss Prevention Agent with Old Navy. I call it the fashion police. I love to watch The Office. Get the DVD sets, they rock. I hope to elevate my skill level on here. Not sure how the whole Online learning will be versus an instructor, but $85.00 a month at my local store is not feasable right now. I am optimistic, and hope all will go well. Also, I love to meet new folks on these forums, so holler at me...

Well...Welcome aboard.

Loss Prevention Agent. Store Detective.... one of the guys who sneaks around the store pretending he's a customer but any idiot can tell he's a store detective because of the way he acts.

How to spot a store detective.... wait until closing time and watch the back room. Every one of them rushes there after work.
Or it's the guy who pretends he just happens to be in the same place you are all the time.

How to have fun with store detectives.... pretend to put stuff in your pocket and then walk really fast through the store. Then give him crap when he stops you. Or wait until he's not waiting for it and stand right behind him breathing on his neck.

Sorry..... I love screwing around with store detectives. It's fun making em run around in circles.
# 3
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/23/2007 2:34 am
Welcome Psalmcaster,
No matter what your skill level you can learn a lot on this site. There are many talented individuals on GT.
I also share your feelings for "the office", MMA and The Lord. Merry Christmas and God Bless.
Doug
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/23/2007 2:40 am
My apologies btw for my previous post: No offence meant... just took my rant a little too far cause of a major bad mood.
Next time I'll just stick to hitting my computer or something. :)
# 5
Psalmcaster
Made To Worship
Psalmcaster
Made To Worship
12/23/2007 7:09 am
Now was that so hard, Kevin?
[FONT=Courier New]Psalm 92:1-4

A psalm. A song. For the Sabbath day.

1 It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
2 to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
3 to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
4 For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD;
I sing for joy at the works of your hands.[/FONT]
# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/23/2007 7:33 am
Nope. I sent ya a private email too so I don't know whether ya got it or not.
Like I said, major apologies if I offended you. It's been a cruddy week & I made the mistake of taking it out on other people.
So hopefully all's forgiven. Hugs and kisses and all that stuff :)
# 7
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/23/2007 5:21 pm
Welcome aboard. I'm a big MMA fan too - did a lot of submission wrestling in Japan along with some traditional styles. Looking forward to UFC78 on Dec 30th!
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.