View post (What would you do if your plug was pulled?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/10/2001 3:41 am
Well, my band has been cut short for many assorted reasons. It's never fun. We were once cut off at a party so somebody could put on a Sublime CD. That night we decided to party with them. Later there was a bit of a jam session, and after it was all done, I had to stop my drummer from stealing a Laser Tag set (he was pretty upset... and drunk).

Another time, at what I've come to call "The Gig From Hell," we were cut short (after being told we could have two full sets) so a band who showed up late could go on. We were told "Ten minutes." We said, "Ok, we'll do three more songs, then we're off." Those three songs were concluded with our medley... Got to see the woman who "organized" the show run around a lot... arms flapping, flashing the stage lights, and gesturing like mad while we finished our set with the sort of climax we had intended.

You really have to play it by ear when it comes to being cut off. Sometimes you should riot, sometimes you should quietly pack up. Read the crowd, consider who's running the show, and of course the eternal question: "Do we ever want to play here again?"
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons