My New Strat

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
12/01/2007 2:41 am
Hey! :)

So I've bought myself a new strat because the other one just.. I don't know.. just wasn't "right". I still have that one, you can see it in the picture.. it is the blue one. The new one is the sunburst coloured one... basically I had them transplant my pro-series EMG pickups into the new one and move the Johnson EMG pickups into my old blue one. So now I have 2 strats.. yay! :)

The blue one has a medium width, thin neck profile and the new sunburst one has a medium width, fat neck profile. The pro-series pickups are active and the other EMG pickups are passive.. so it's all good! :)

I'm still waiting for my Ibanez RG1570 Prestige to come into the store but I am not in any hurry.. the store I buy everything from can't get it direct from the Ibanez dealer because they want him to stock 6 to 8 Ibanez Prestige series guitars. He has a few high-end Ibanez, including a JEM, and some low-end Ibanez.. but no Prestige series (mid range).. So it might take a month or so to get one from him.

Anyway, I took a picture of my new guitar but it's a picture taken on a mobile phone so it's not great but you can see it clearly enough.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 1
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
12/01/2007 3:57 am
not bad. how do those emg pros sound distorted and clean??

also you shoulda moved the 40oz out of the pic before you took it.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 2
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
12/01/2007 10:16 am
The EMG pro's are the sound I have become accustomed to. I get a single coil tone without all the buzz. They handle well under almost all conditions because the built in EMG Guitar Expander and EMG EQ (replacing the two tone controls) allow you to shape the tone. It still doesn't give you the same sound as passive pickups without the buzz though.. which is why I like having both guitars.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.