guitar player jan 08

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
11/30/2007 2:49 am
i get this magizine delivered, but inside there was a short book with lessons from everyone under the sun. the lessons i have questions about is the eddie van halen lesson.

in it eddie talks about moving pentatonics around into different keys. this all sounds easy but how do you move the pentatonic from an A(5th fret 6th string) to a D(5ft fret 5th string)? do you move the whole pattern up one string? what do you do with the remainder of the pattern (the notes that were on the high e when it started on the 6th string)?

these are probably really stupid questions but im just now starting to get into really trying to learn the scales and since i dont have a teacher you guys are all i got.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 1
stow
stow
11/30/2007 4:46 pm
Play the exact same pattern starting on the 5th string 5th fret as you would if you were starting on the 6th string 5th fret. The trick is once you get to the B string (second string) you will need to slide the pattern forward a half step since the distance between the third and second string is a perfect third instead of a fourth like the distance between the other strings.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.