View post (Is there such a Site?)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
11/23/2007 3:40 am
Originally Posted by: looneytunesThank you for your advise. I am not just starting to get back into guitar after many years. I have been playing continually since I was 13. There may have been a few pauses, but certainly not recently and certainly not for a long period of time. I even had a guitar with me in Vietnam. I don't consider myself good enough to be a professional performer although co-workers, friends, neighbors, family, etc. do. I perform only at reunions, parties, etc. and I don't charge. These are my friends!

My passion is writing and I have been very successful at it. I do not write full time, because, frankly, I don't like the pressure.

You may think that I am putting you guys down and maybe I am poking fun, but I actually think most of you are pretty decent people. I don't particularity like most of the music, but there are some I do like. Some I like very much. I feel there are some very talented people at this site and some I just don't understand.

But thats what makes life worth living, varity.

I do think I would be happier on a site were my kind of music is welcomed and my age group. I find some here do not appreciate anyone giving their pinions other than themselves. Some are quick to anger. I am not mad or anything. I'm just disappointed.

I might stick around for a while, but I am looking for another site or maybe I will just drop this BB stuff all together. I'm still writing and playing so what does it matter.

Do have a Happy Thankgiving! :)

Well, I think I fit into that category in ways. Granted, I missed Vietnam by three years but I am on the wrong side of forty and love blues and good ol' fashioned rock and roll. Much like society at large, this site is made up of all types. I learn from the older guys and from the younger guys too! I would hate to be in a place filled with people just like me. I would think that would be pretty dull actually.

Plenty of great people and great information here at GT. Heck, it's my cyber-home and I like it here. Hope you decide to stick around. Sounds like you've got some pretty good stuff to share. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]