Not Impressed Yet!

FenderEJ
FenderEJ
11/11/2007 11:15 pm
Found this place while surf'n... so, I thought I'd give it a shot and signed up for the free subscription.

First thing I did was try out the Blues Solo - Easy Free Lesson #6.... that's a no go from here as it opens the Hammer-ons Excercise - Beginner Free Lesson #5.

I'm not sold!.. actually, disappointed at this point.
# 1

11/12/2007 12:14 am
Would it be possible for you to post the link you used to access the free lesson?

I will ask the webmaster to look at it.

Thanks
# 2
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
11/12/2007 3:50 pm
Originally Posted by: BenoitWould it be possible for you to post the link you used to access the free lesson?

I will ask the webmaster to look at it.

Thanks

Not sure what you are looking for.

Here is where I started out - after logging in.
http://guitartricks.com/main.php?

I went to the Main page - At the top of the screen you see Beginner, Easy, Intermediate and Advanced buttons. Below that you list 24 Free Guitar Lessons. It was here that I tried accessing the Blues Solo - Easy Free Lesson #6.

Here is the URL that I was sent to after selecting Blues Solo (from the Main page)
http://guitartricks.com/freelesson.php?input=ZDY7ZDloZDJgaQ==

This is the URL for the Hammer-ons Exercise (from the Main page)
http://guitartricks.com/freelesson.php?input=ZDY7ZDloZDJgaQ==
# 3
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
11/12/2007 7:06 pm
As of 1:00 pm on Monday, it looks as if things are working correctly now.
# 4

11/12/2007 10:34 pm
Great!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
# 5
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
11/13/2007 4:21 am
Originally Posted by: BenoitGreat!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

OK, so now, I go to check out Beginner Free Lesson #4 - The C Chord and Easy Free Lesson #4 - Percussive Country Plucking and they both open to http://guitartricks.com/freelesson.php?input=Nmw0aTFgZzw=
which is the Beginner Free Lesson #4 - The C Chord.

I don't mean to be critical, but if you want people to pay, I think you have an obligation here.
# 6

11/13/2007 10:30 pm
I got your mail and informed the website support staff. The situation will be looked at.

Thanks.
# 7
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
11/14/2007 9:46 am
I've never had any of those problems with the full access stuff. I'm thinking it's because the main page is a static page that needs to be updated manually.. and when things are updated manually, people make mistakes.. it's that simple.

I have to admit there were some very old lessons on the site (remember, there are thousands of lessons) that were missing the sound files or a link to an "external" site no longer existed that I found about a month ago. There was only a few of them but as soon as I reported it, within a few hours I had a response from a moderator/admin with an immediate solution, mostly in the form of a "new" lesson that was better, more descriptive and had "video" as well... So all-in-all my experience has been better than any other website I have ever paid for subscription to. If I had to rate it on the spot right now I'd probably give it a 9 out of 10. It's not perfect 10 out of 10 but it's close enough for me.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 8
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
11/14/2007 1:08 pm
I agree, the home page is probably static - having multiple errors on one static page is not (imho) simply a user mistake, it's sloppiness. The home page sets the stage for new subscribers. First Impressions. Very important.

I appreciate the comments about the other lessons and your experiences.
# 9
ren
ren
11/14/2007 2:26 pm

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 10
Guitar Tricks Manager
Administrator
Guitar Tricks Manager
Administrator
11/14/2007 6:27 pm
Hi Fender,

Thanks for your sharp eye on some of the links here. One thing you might try is to empty your browser's cache. That way, if the lesson is revised, you browser won't go to the old link.

Let us know if you continue to have problems.

LEO
Manager
# 11
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
11/14/2007 7:12 pm
Seems to be working now.

When I first found your website, I signed up for the free lessons... figured I give you a look. At that time, I was presented with a list of lessons that were displayed in one column... you had to scroll down to see them. From what I see... this page still has problems.

My system has been rebooted multiple times since I first subscribed so my cache is/was not the problem. A cookie might have been as I deleted cookies and history, logged on again and now I see 3 rows / 4 columns of lessons... different page.

Thanks.
# 12
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
11/15/2007 12:25 am
FenderEJ,
Thanks for letting us know.

I have been testing different versions of the free lesson list. I have been meaning to do this test for a while, but have been too busy working on other site projects to get it done.

So...I gave someone else the task of generating the html. It looked ok to me, so I posted it. Now you and others have pointed out that it isn't right.

That'll teach me. Now I have to go click all the links myself to make sure there are no problems left.

You are now Full Access, and so you don't see the free lesson list at all.

Sorry for the hassle. Thanks for taking the time to left us know, I really appreciate it.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
playerwannabe
playerwannabe
12/06/2007 7:37 am
FenderEJ, pardon me butting in but do you still have a problem with GT? Sounds like they have worked the problem out or are trying their best to fix it. I just want to put my 2 cents in. This is a great site. So far, nothing but sincere welcome and genuine help. These guys are great. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.
# 14
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
12/06/2007 1:30 pm
Originally Posted by: playerwannabeFenderEJ, pardon me butting in but do you still have a problem with GT? Sounds like they have worked the problem out or are trying their best to fix it.

The problem was taken care of and outside of the response by Ren the Webmaster (picture of a truck), I'm happy with the way they responded. Those that actually responded did so in a timely manner and seemed very sincere so I am now a happy camper.
# 15
ren
ren
12/06/2007 2:38 pm
Originally Posted by: FenderEJThe problem was taken care of and outside of the response by Ren the Webmaster (picture of a truck), I'm happy with the way they responded. Those that actually responded did so in a timely manner and seemed very sincere so I am now a happy camper.

Sorry Fender - I use that graphic when I move a thread, as I did in this instance so the appropriate people would see it sooner rather than later. Not sure how you've interpretted that, but my attempt to assist wasn't so much the truck as moving the thread to a better place.

Hope you're enjoying GT... :)

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 16
FenderEJ
FenderEJ
12/06/2007 3:40 pm
Originally Posted by: renSorry Fender - I use that graphic when I move a thread, as I did in this instance so the appropriate people would see it sooner rather than later. Not sure how you've interpretted that, but my attempt to assist wasn't so much the truck as moving the thread to a better place.

Hope you're enjoying GT... :)

Didn't know how to interpret but, issue was resolved so all is well that end's well.
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.