Troubled Times

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
11/08/2007 10:30 pm
Troubled Times
The title to this song is supposed to be about the times we find ourselves in, Politically, Environmentally. Etc Etc. But I think the title describes my efforts to record this thing!! :( I lost power at my house after spending about 4 hours recording new tracks and mixing editing etc etc. I have only been playing about 4 years and recording for about 3 months. So this stuff is real hard for me right now. Anyway some of the files were corrupted when the power went out! After convincing myself that smashing my computer with my guitar was not a good idea this is what I was able to piece together. The ending kinda sucks! And I had some more sound bites that talked about politics and the environment but they were corrupted along with some guitar parts. But this is a rough draft and later when I get a second wind I will try and do this thing again. But anyway I wanted to share it and see if anyone has any useful advice. I am having trouble right now with a bass track. When I have tried to add one it makes everything sound distorted and muddy. I am also having trouble putting in breaks and adding lead guitar smoothly into the track. Those are just a few of the things I can think of at the moment.
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/09/2007 1:25 am
Have to say, I like the use of samples, gives a real modern edtge to guitar instrumentals. Re the playing, some nice heavy riffing - it would sound killer heavy if it was played off an eight string guitar! Drums sound cool - that EZdrummer?
# 2
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
11/09/2007 2:15 am
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanHave to say, I like the use of samples, gives a real modern edtge to guitar instrumentals. Re the playing, some nice heavy riffing - it would sound killer heavy if it was played off an eight string guitar! Drums sound cool - that EZdrummer?

I have a whole folder full of Samples that I have collected over the last year that I have been planning to use when my skill level would allow it. Just like you said it sounds cool in an instrumental. Just like your song Xenocide. Your samples on that one jumped out at me right away. Great song by the way!
I used Beta Monkey for the drums. I have EZ drummer also but the Beta Monkey has such a better sound to me.
Thanks for the input. Its pretty basic and trying to record this thing has given me that much more respect for guys like you who record such amazing music. One thing is for sure. Trying to do something like this makes you a better player. Its so easy to sit around and play cool licks all day and think that you can play. But when you add drums etc etc it really opened my eyes to how far I still have to go. Blah Blah Blah I will shut up now :rolleyes:
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.