View post (Troubled Times)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
11/09/2007 2:15 am
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanHave to say, I like the use of samples, gives a real modern edtge to guitar instrumentals. Re the playing, some nice heavy riffing - it would sound killer heavy if it was played off an eight string guitar! Drums sound cool - that EZdrummer?

I have a whole folder full of Samples that I have collected over the last year that I have been planning to use when my skill level would allow it. Just like you said it sounds cool in an instrumental. Just like your song Xenocide. Your samples on that one jumped out at me right away. Great song by the way!
I used Beta Monkey for the drums. I have EZ drummer also but the Beta Monkey has such a better sound to me.
Thanks for the input. Its pretty basic and trying to record this thing has given me that much more respect for guys like you who record such amazing music. One thing is for sure. Trying to do something like this makes you a better player. Its so easy to sit around and play cool licks all day and think that you can play. But when you add drums etc etc it really opened my eyes to how far I still have to go. Blah Blah Blah I will shut up now :rolleyes: