Not Guit-Fiddle But....

da_ardvark
da_ardvark
10/30/2007 4:05 am
I was messing with Reason and Sonar trying to get a decent real sounding drum beat. I liked it so I made a quick and dirty key overlay that I call "8 Days to Armageddon"

Enjoy it or don't here.............http://www.myspace.com/0zerointolerance
# 1
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
10/30/2007 8:13 am
well first of all that's not really the type of music I like.. so not sure how much value my opinion has for this one.. anyway.. my only real suggestions would be to add in some Tom-Tom's for a fill here and there. So.. 1. I didn't hear any toms at all.. making it sound like something was missing.. and 2. There are no transition/fills.. also making it sound like something was missing.

but again.. not my preferred style of music so may be I haven't a clue what I am talking about.. also.. one last thing.. Where is the guitar? This is, after all, a guitar website.. lol.. and no guitars..? :)
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 2
da_ardvark
da_ardvark
10/30/2007 9:27 pm
Thanks for the feedback! I was too lazy to hook up the mic to record guitars. This was mainly an exercise in programming the drum machine. As for the toms, there all over the place in there. Three diff flamed tom hits on three diff toms.
But I do get what you're saying, it gets repetitive with no changes (chorus, bridge etc.) Thanks again.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.