acoustic pickups

Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
03/08/2000 7:41 am
I have this great guitar tech in my town. He does a great job setting up my guitar and he knows more about guitars than I ever will. I had him set up my new martin and it came out great. Now I want to put an acoustic pickup in it. But I am worried that after he drills out the strap peg for the chord to go through it won't be a stock martin anymore and will lose some value.

Also, I don't know whether to go with the 'in the saddle' pickup or the 'in the soundhole' kind. The soundhole ones are ugly, but this guy swears they sound better.

If anybody has an opinion, I'd like to hear it.

Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Johan
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Johan
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/13/2000 3:06 pm
Well If you are satisfied with the guitar and
you believe that you are going to own it for the rest of it´s life, Drill a hole in it!
If you change your mind you could always sell it to a fool and say it was custom made that way!!!
/Johan Lindgren
# 2
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
06/10/2000 6:40 pm
Tell ya the truth jbroder, I know quite a few people that would rather just put a mic up to it when they play. It's not really my preference but some people swear by it.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 3
Fender1165
Fender1165
08/17/2000 3:27 am
I've got a Taylor 12 string with beautiful tone and I wanted to electrify it. So I asked around and finally decided on a fishman, in the saddle, matrix system. It works wonderfully. The only pain in the butt is that a 9v battery that is hooked up to the inside of the guitar has to be replaced every couple months. You'd have to take strings off in order to do that. But I still think its a great system. If you're interested in the cost I can go find the receipt. I don't remember the price.

------------------
-ejd

email:
Fender1165@aol.com
Guitarbiz@hotmail.com

-ejd

email:
Fender1165@aol.com
Guitarbiz@hotmail.com

Site: http://www.hometown.aol.com/Fender1165/index.html
(Sign the guestbook if u go :) )
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.