Sound Test

maestro shaz
maestro shaz
09/22/2007 7:25 am
Hey there fellow guitarists...

Here I'm messing around with test recording with my newly acquired effect and digital recorder.

I'm playing just a few bars of 'Far Beyond the sun' of Yngwie.

I would like some comments on the sound of the guitars, tonewise, effect wise. Im really trying to get the right sound.

Also, what does the mix sound like? :o Practicing my mixing and mastering techniques.

Comments all welcome

Far

Shaz
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/22/2007 8:18 am
Think you've nailed a pretty damn fine tone there Shaz - the Yngwie tone is a bit glassier becuase of the single coil pickup on the strat he uses (I prefer the humbucker sound myself). That's a good tone you've created though, very clear for fast runs and you get the tonal variations from each string nicely (should work great for 5 and 6 string sweeps). If you are going to use a heavier delay or reverb at all for recording I would recommend doing it 'post recording' - but I actually like the tone as it is. Re your take on the track - excellent as usual, nothing to improve on there - technique and clarity are spot on. Great to see you getting away from the Satch sound and getting some new influences - recognised some neo-classical touches in your last track! A lot of people bitch about Yngwie but I think he is an amazing guitarist - great to learn from. Not into the songs with singing but his instrumentals kics ass.
# 2
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
09/23/2007 8:56 am
Thanks for listening Super. I agree about the delay and reverb in post.

It's taken me a while to get the sound as close to my expectations. I think I'm still not satisfied with my sound, but I think its the best quality that I am capable of sustaing right now.

Anyways, thanks for your advice fellow shredder :cool:
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.