All-In-One Station

shaggy_bonez
Full Access
shaggy_bonez
Full Access
09/18/2007 10:40 pm
I'm lookin to start recording my guitar tracks and go from there. Partially so I can hear what i'm playin away from playing it. Eventually i'll be moving onto a recording the band, but I want to start learning now.

I know nothing about recording, so any explanations (please, try and keep in lamens terms). I've looked at the new Fostex 16 track w/ cd burner. Looks interesting; however, what I'm specifically looking for is a station where I can record numerous parts and move 'em around however I'd like. Cut and paste basically.

Price is obv. a factor, but I'm not as concerned at price so any advice, would be appreciated. I'm lookin at makin a purchase soon so if anyone could help me, it'd be cool.

Later,
Shaggs

I've also looked at Acid Tools 6, but I need a computer specifically for music if I get any type of DAW. Let me kno any opinions.
# 1
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
09/19/2007 2:54 am
One way to get started is to get the IK Mutimedia Stealthplug that comes with Amplitube Live. You will also get a trial version of Traction Recording Software. If you have a semi decent computer this is an easy way to connect your guitar to your computer direct and record. Plus Amplitube Live has some Descent Amp Models and Presets that make your guitar sound pretty Darn Good. I bought this setup to use with my laptop when I am traveling. It cost around $100.00.
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/19/2007 4:57 pm
Here's what I suggest, download Reaper for free here: http://reaper.fm/download.php
Then at some stage upgrade your soundcard, then down the line you can upgrade your entire system. At that stage you will know your way around Reaper (an excellent DAW - similar to Cubase SX3 and ProTools), will have some editing recording and mixing skills so you will have a better idea of what you need. I personally would stay away from one of those all in one recording hardware stations - far too restrictive.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.