View post (Opinions)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
08/30/2007 3:55 am
I wouldn't call that "constructive" criticism, of course it could be, just would have been better if you had given some tips on how to improve it.

I agree with him though, not much happening. I'm all for psychedelia but it still needs something to carry it, a riff or melody or something. Lightningbolt is a great example of crazy psychedelic music that is still very interesting. Of course it's totally different from what your trying to do. I'm pretty amazed that the doors or at least morrison aren't in your list of influences.

But like I said, theres nothing new, nothing interesting, it seems like the stuff you have written should be a 15-25 second intro or middle section of a song but not a whole song.

I too couldn't get through a whole song. But thats more of a preference thing I think. But I still think it needs more. Just layering simple guitar noises over simple drums and whatever else was in there isn't doing it. It just doesn't sound like anything new.

Try writing some stuff out of your style. Stuf you like but still stuff out of your style and then experiment with ways of working it into your style.