Easy Pre-fab drum loops...

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
08/26/2007 3:47 am
Hi..

I have this great "toy" on my Zoom G1X pedal.. it's a collection of pre-fabricated drum loops that really sound great.. I also like to record on the computer but other than some very expensive drum loops; click tracks that get lost in the rest of the music; and free loops that don't handle tempo shifts very well (because they are audio files rather than midi I am assuming).. I can't seem to get anything that fits the bill..

I'd happily pay for something if I knew it was going to be generic enough that I could use them in a lot of different scenarios, very much like the way the Zoom loops are generic enough for this purpose. I can select what timing (4/4 or 3/4) and the style I want, then adjust the tempo with the dial.. very straightforward and easy to use... why is it so hard to do the same on computer recording applications?
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
08/26/2007 2:26 pm
If you have a decent sequencer that can handle VST then I seriously recommend EZdrummer from Toontrack. Get a copy on E-Bay for the best price - it's pricey enough but incredible flexible and definitely the best package available (unless you have serious engineering skills and want to go for DFHS). There are loads of expansion packs available too with different sounding kits and libraries of midi files so you can start immediately with no experience programming midi at all. Some day when I'm bored enough at work I will post a review :o
# 2
Mark U.
Mark U.
08/30/2007 6:27 pm
Another good option would be Fxpansion BFD Premium. A good amount of grooves to pick from, total control of the sound, and great variations within the grooves.
# 3
quickfingers
quickfingers
09/02/2007 5:52 pm
i was actually just in the market for precisely what you want. i make my own drum tracks with fruity loops, and i bought battery 3 by natural instruments for their comprehensive drum sound library. the VST aspect of it didn't do it for me; i wanted to make my loops in free-time, simply becasue i'm not a drummer and i don't have a decent drum pad to play and record them from.

but if you are simply looking for premade drum tracks of varying styles/tempos and such, i KNOW there are programs out there for that for quite cheap. look on musician's friend or go to your local guitar center. or, if you're the pirating type, you can always download .bit torrents.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.