View post (Fulltone Octafuzz)

View thread

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/25/2007 1:55 am
Not a chance. Think about it. You've got a "power chord" ( :( I hate that word) like 3-5-5 ya know. So this means, with the octave engaged, you have 6 notes, almost all of which are the same note now (4/6 I think). So you've got a note thats appearing 4 times, which is enough to make a studio quality recording sound a little twangy, then in most cases, like mine, add some fuzz in moderation and you're gonna have a hell of a time. I know theres probably some other pedal, EH Hog, that could do some rhythm octave stuff, but IMO you gotta have the fuzz. Its such a joyful noise. I guess what I'm trying to say is, rhythm and octaves don't go hand in hand. In all seriousness, all you have to do is step on the pedal, and you're back to your clean sound anyways. :cool: Listen to some Hendrix, and you'll get what the octavia thing's all about. Heck, I'll even give you a little sneak peek of octave madness to come in my days down the road. (Check out my man doyle in this)

Utter insanity with an octave pedal, and if someone says its bad because he doesn't play fast... I pity you.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )