Rhoads Vs. Halen

jack7
jack7
11/27/2001 11:05 pm
Originally posted by jerk
Hey, who is Ozzy's guitar player??? Is that Zakk or is that Randy, i dont see anything different between theses guys
Hey DUDE CHANGE YOUR NAME. I keep getting your E-Mails.
Rock-n-Roll 4 Ever
:cool: Jack 7
# 1
guitargod420
guitargod420
11/28/2001 7:27 pm
man, how can u not tell the difference between Zakk and Rhandy lol, the big difference is that Zakk beleive it or not is a better guitar player than rhandy and there whole style is different Rhoads was more classical and Zakk is more blues based/heavy metal

and ozzy had 4 guitarists in his solo career,
Rhandy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, ZAkk Wylde and Joe Holmes
now theres a fu#kin Guitarists Joe Holmes by far the fastests guitarist anybody will ever hear Joe was actually taought by rhandy rhoads and is now and has been attending the Rhandy Rhoads School of Guitar his style is kinda like Zakks but his own in a way
# 2
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
11/28/2001 11:55 pm
Oop!, hadn't heard of Joe Holmes. Sorry, my fault.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 3
jerk
jerk
11/29/2001 7:45 pm
but looks like i never seen Randy... Can anyone tell me in which Ozzy's videos feat. Randy??? I see not much, only mama im coming home n road to nowhere... i dont know who the guitar player is!!! Really no diea... he's using the Randy signature Les Paul (the one with the rounds in side) but my freinds told me that's Zakk! It's crazy
# 4
guitargod420
guitargod420
11/30/2001 6:11 pm
Rhandy is featured in the Crazy Train video or just bye ozzys new cd and theres like this special feature thing u can watch on your computer its pretty bad ass and yea its zakk on the mama im coming home and road to now where
peace
# 5
trebledamage
trebledamage
12/05/2001 2:17 am
To compare Van Halen and Randy Rhoads on a talent level is really kind of pointless. They were both talented innovative guitar players. However, if you take a look at what their arrival onto the music scene meant to music, I would argue that Van Halen spawned the whole 80's heavy metal era (with the exception of punk based metal), while Randy Rhoads was merely a very bright spot during that era. Before Eddie Van Halen, I think you would be hard pressed to find a guitarist who would have been characterized as a shredder. I don't think that the whole shredder concept was even in existence before Van Halen arrived on the scene. (Not to take anything away from guys like Hendrix or Beck--incredible guitar players, but never characterized as shredders), Plus Eddie brought the whole hammer-on, pull-off, tapping concept to the forefront of electric guitar. No one was doing what he was doing on the guitar prior to his arrival on the scene. However, I think you can argue that Van Halen also spawned bands, such as Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant and White Lion, just to name an unpleasant few. That alone earns Randy a big point in his favor. Also, Randy Rhoads never completely sold out, unlike Van Halen, who tried to peddle Gary Cheronne as the next best thing since sliced bread. Shame on you Eddie !!!
:cool:
# 6
jack7
jack7
12/05/2001 3:35 am
I know my history too. P.S. Im not jerk I am the one the only JACK 7!!!!!!!!
Rock-n-Roll 4 Ever
# 7
Squierman
Squierman
12/13/2001 3:07 am
After reading and listening to both these talented musicians, I would have to go with Van Halen. Everyone has mentioned that Rhoades knew music theory, that he's slightly better and he played far more difficult music. However, no one has mentioned the fact that Van Halen was a classically trained pianist which in a way formed the basis of his music. After taking his music and translating it from tab to the piano, some of his solos could easily be mistaken for classical music. Van Halen influenced rock guitar more, lets face it by mixing a modern sound to the influence of older music. Anyway, Van Halen could play more than just heavy metal, which seemed to be rhoades restriction.
# 8
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
12/13/2001 5:15 pm
Have you even heard Dee, his classical guitar solo. Also towards the end of his life he was deeply into classical guitar and contemplated quiting ozzy's band so he could play it full time. in addition he thought about going to college to get his masters in music theory.

the only reason eddy is considered revolutionary is because he got there first. maybe if ozzy was thrown out of black sabbath earlier, rhoads may have been first. rhoads developed his style on his own, and did not copy from eddy. as guitarists i'd say they're pretty much equal.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 9
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
12/13/2001 8:29 pm
this thread is still going on....... GO and PRACTICE, you bunch of wackos... lol
By the way, I think I kick Randy's ass, and that my sound is better than eddie's...
# 10
PittbullBlue
PittbullBlue
12/16/2001 3:16 am
I too do not really want to compare the two for they both have different styles...but, like everyone else... I think Randy would have much more ease playing Eddies music than eddie would his. Just my opinion. It never counts for anything. :)
Practice...Practice...PRACTICE!!!! It really does make perfect. :)
# 11
guitarking
guitarking
12/17/2001 7:53 pm
halen any day better
best part halen still lives !!!!
# 12
trebledamage
trebledamage
12/17/2001 8:08 pm
This thread is like that Miller Light commercial: "Less Filling...Tastes Great.....Less Filling,.... Tastes Great..."
:cool:
# 13
Sivert Skaaren
Sivert Skaaren
12/18/2001 12:03 am
Actually i think a norwegian guy with the name Paus (not Ole) got the world record.. but his music sux..
I would say Jason Becker, Shawn Lane, Petrucci, Gilbert, Romeo, Tony MacAlpine, Greg Howe, Vinnie Moore.. etc.. u really can't say who is fastest of thoose guys..

btw.. Holdsworth is good.. really good..

Malmsteen ain't that fast.. but personally i like his playingstyle.. he was the first.. and will allways have a place in my heart.. Still, guys like Romeo plays very similar, and faster.. (I'm not going to say who is best, cause i can't really say decide, Best ain't the same as Fastest, still i like SyX more than RF..)

Sivert Skaaren
(aka Acron)
S. G. Skaaren
aka Acron(GW)
# 14
jack7
jack7
12/18/2001 1:14 am
Originally posted by trebledamage
This thread is like that Miller Light commercial: "Less Filling...Tastes Great.....Less Filling,.... Tastes Great..."
Your right on the money dude!!
Rock-n-Roll 4 Ever
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.