Wolfgang Van-Halen

DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
08/10/2007 7:21 pm
Where can we hear this kid play, is there anything on the web?
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 1
damaged
damaged
08/17/2007 11:59 am
I've seen a few videos on youtube of him, nothing awe inspiring :confused: possibly because I had ultra high expectation tho.
"Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil."
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
08/17/2007 12:44 pm
Didn't he just start playing a few months ago or something like that?
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
08/17/2007 4:25 pm
There is a interview on you tube where the interviewer ask about Why replace Mike A. and Ed said in a smart ass tone, He joined another band so you cant be in two bands! Man! Thats just BS Zakk Wylde does it all the time also countless others are in different bands Van-Halen Brothers are JERKS. :(
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
08/17/2007 5:02 pm
Yeah, Eddie is an ass.....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/17/2007 5:42 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICKYeah, Eddie is an ass.....

Ego is a mighty dangerous thing. I like Eddie for his playing abilities but his personal ethics, morals and general ass-hat like nature leaves me a little bored with him personally. :cool:
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 6
damaged
damaged
08/18/2007 3:37 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Ego is a mighty dangerous thing. I like Eddie for his playing abilities but his personal ethics, morals and general ass-hat like nature leaves me a little bored with him personally. :cool:

:p So whats your thoughts on Malmsteen then haha.
# 7
dvenetian
dvenetian
08/18/2007 9:25 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Ego is a mighty dangerous thing. I like Eddie for his playing abilities but his personal ethics, morals and general ass-hat like nature leaves me a little bored with him personally. :cool:

I stood within 10 feet from Eddie on their Diver Down tour and he seemed to be kinda shy, quiet and relaxed type of person. Completely opposite from the way David Lee Roth jumped all over the place with high energy the entire gig.

Being a guitar player myself, I couldn't get over how easy Eddie made playing look and with complete control over the instrument without missing a beat.

I could tell that he was annoyed by Roth every time Roth jumped over to his side of the Red & White striped stage. You could feel the tension, it was like Eddie hated him and his demeanor changed.
Witnessing that, I believe Roth had a lot to do with Eddie's demise. Like the straw that broke the camel's back syndrome. Then comes the ego's to state who's band Van Halen is.
It's amazing how powerful human psyche can become, here is a band that's debut album is their all time best seller. They get into the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest paid single appearance of a music group, an inebriated $1 Million for a 90 minute set at the Us Festival in 1983.
Then they release their 2nd all time best selling album "1984", but still aren't happy.
People change, sometimes for the worse, no matter what the circumstances are.
It will be interesting to see how long Eddie and Roth will last this time around.
No matter what with the clash in personalities, Eddie Van Halen is one talented and creative SOB in the music industry and it will be near impossible for him to destroy that part of his life.
I'm looking forward to hear what's to come from such a talented union.
# 8
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/18/2007 12:20 pm
Originally Posted by: dvenetianI stood within 10 feet from Eddie on their Diver Down tour and he seemed to be kinda shy, quiet and relaxed type of person. Completely opposite from the way David Lee Roth jumped all over the place with high energy the entire gig.

Being a guitar player myself, I couldn't get over how easy Eddie made playing look and with complete control over the instrument without missing a beat.

I could tell that he was annoyed by Roth every time Roth jumped over to his side of the Red & White striped stage. You could feel the tension, it was like Eddie hated him and his demeanor changed.
Witnessing that, I believe Roth had a lot to do with Eddie's demise. Like the straw that broke the camel's back syndrome. Then comes the ego's to state who's band Van Halen is.
It's amazing how powerful human psyche can become, here is a band that's debut album is their all time best seller. They get into the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest paid single appearance of a music group, an inebriated $1 Million for a 90 minute set at the Us Festival in 1983.
Then they release their 2nd all time best selling album "1984", but still aren't happy.
People change, sometimes for the worse, no matter what the circumstances are.
It will be interesting to see how long Eddie and Roth will last this time around.
No matter what with the clash in personalities, Eddie Van Halen is one talented and creative SOB in the music industry and it will be near impossible for him to destroy that part of his life.
I'm looking forward to hear what's to come from such a talented union.

You make a good point. I have always found David Lee Roth to be an interesting front man but he makes me cringe to hear him say anything off stage. I just can't figure out EVH. He had the world in his hand and yet he's managed to hit rock bottom over and over and over again. And the constant tussle and moaning about the band and it's various incarnations just leaves me a little empty with the whole band. You're right. They have shown what they are capable of many,many times and yet they just can't keep it together. A battle of monstrous egos. Clash of the Titans I guess. In the end, it's the fans that lose out.
# 9
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/18/2007 12:22 pm
Originally Posted by: damaged:p So whats your thoughts on Malmsteen then haha.

Umm...not much different. Again, a monstrously talented person who just doesn't seem to relate too well.
# 10
damaged
damaged
08/19/2007 3:46 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Umm...not much different. Again, a monstrously talented person who just doesn't seem to relate too well.

Was Kind of a Rhetorical question but none the less a very true answer lol.
# 11
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/19/2007 4:08 pm
Originally Posted by: damagedWas Kind of a Rhetorical question but none the less a very true answer lol.

:D I'm an idiot! Of course it was rhetorical...sorry I missed that. But yes, I stand by my position, not that Mr. Malmsteen would care one whit what I think! FHIL! ;)
# 12
guitarrock24
guitarrock24
08/20/2007 4:50 pm
Now there is 3 van halens in the band now. Eddy of coure on guitar, alex on drums, whom i have to say is a very underestimated drummer, and wolfgang on bass. im not sure how thats going to work out, hopefully for the best
# 13
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
08/20/2007 7:13 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarrock24Now there is 3 van halens in the band now. Eddy of coure on guitar, alex on drums, whom i have to say is a very underestimated drummer, and wolfgang on bass. im not sure how thats going to work out, hopefully for the best
Yeah! Roth dont have a chance :eek:
# 14
freaksauce
freaksauce
09/19/2007 5:55 am
How about checking out a video with Wolfie and the boys playing, you can see it here at IGBlog. Mind you, quality is a bit **** so you can't really tell.

I just finished reading the Van Halen Saga - Everybody wants some and in that Eddie says that Wolfgang is a very good drummer as well as guitarist and bass player and that he has already recorded a load of material at 5150. Interesting! If anyone wants a brief review I've posted one on my site today here and don't tell me I'm spamming, its relevant! :)
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.