View post (Wolfgang Van-Halen)

View thread

dvenetian
dvenetian
08/18/2007 9:25 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Ego is a mighty dangerous thing. I like Eddie for his playing abilities but his personal ethics, morals and general ass-hat like nature leaves me a little bored with him personally. :cool:

I stood within 10 feet from Eddie on their Diver Down tour and he seemed to be kinda shy, quiet and relaxed type of person. Completely opposite from the way David Lee Roth jumped all over the place with high energy the entire gig.

Being a guitar player myself, I couldn't get over how easy Eddie made playing look and with complete control over the instrument without missing a beat.

I could tell that he was annoyed by Roth every time Roth jumped over to his side of the Red & White striped stage. You could feel the tension, it was like Eddie hated him and his demeanor changed.
Witnessing that, I believe Roth had a lot to do with Eddie's demise. Like the straw that broke the camel's back syndrome. Then comes the ego's to state who's band Van Halen is.
It's amazing how powerful human psyche can become, here is a band that's debut album is their all time best seller. They get into the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest paid single appearance of a music group, an inebriated $1 Million for a 90 minute set at the Us Festival in 1983.
Then they release their 2nd all time best selling album "1984", but still aren't happy.
People change, sometimes for the worse, no matter what the circumstances are.
It will be interesting to see how long Eddie and Roth will last this time around.
No matter what with the clash in personalities, Eddie Van Halen is one talented and creative SOB in the music industry and it will be near impossible for him to destroy that part of his life.
I'm looking forward to hear what's to come from such a talented union.