View post (Little Wing--G3 style)

View thread

dvenetian
dvenetian
07/27/2007 6:50 am
It's amazing to me by the number of guitarists who just can't stand Yngwie since he let his talents go to his head and became such a fool by his actions, especially in public view. Nothing humble or grateful for his talent is shown by him now. He wasn't always like this though. In His early days, he wasn't this boastfulness monster that even the public praises helped create.
He shocked the industry in the beginning by his talent and seemless mechanical ability. This old clip shows a more humble Yngwie that even has some Ritchie Blackmore and EVH inspiration. The thing that impresses me is his internal clock as timekeeper, effortless chord changes, sound control at high volume, unrehearsed usage of effects and ability to add in some feeling with his early playing. This is how I remember Yngwie, too bad he lost that sense of recognition nowadays by becoming a complete Jackass (regardless of his behavior, he rightfully was an amazing player before losing his roots).
Just think if the guy in ths clip was your neighbor. I would be impressed to say the least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvKqxNea9iA

One good thing is that so many other greats have taken notice by how the public views Malmsteen's attitude that most won't make the same mistake...