Wisdom Teeth

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/24/2007 4:02 pm
So yesterday I went in for the dreaded wisdom teeth appointment. All four comin' out, and after the horror stories from friends, I was kinda scared, I'm not gonna lie. So I got home, a little drowsy from all the drugs, and my face was the size of a watermelon as my mom says. So, the day goes by, swelling goes down completely, and a whole slew of advil later, I had gone through no pain at all! :eek: I felt like superman or something. This is supposed to be the most painful thing in the history of the world. So it's been about 25hrs since the surgery, and I still feel great. As I said, lots of advil, and ice, and gauze, but I was given perkiset or whatever as a strong painkiller, and it wasn't even needed. I usually have terrible experiences with my teeth and the following pain, but this time I really lucked out. Man, what a relief. And I know its just the second day, but I'm down to just one advil every 6 hrs, and even then, it feels as if I don't even need it, but I don't wanna push it. I've seen my friends stay swolen for a whole week, so having no pain or hardly any swelling at all after 24 hrs is a breath of fresh air. What a glorious day. Now after my salt water rinsing, and much needed shower and brushing of the teeth, I shall be on my way downstairs to pursue a little guitar playing. Ahhhhh... things are looking up right now. :rolleyes:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 1
ren
ren
07/24/2007 4:08 pm
Nice one man... pleased to hear it. My brother had a nightmare with his. I've been dodging that bullet ever since.

I'm 30 now, and I'm not going to get any wiser, so maybe I'll get to keep my teeth... :)

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/24/2007 4:12 pm
Yeah, some people get lucky and don't take em out, although this can royally screw with the allignment of your teeth. I was kinda ticked off before, cuz my whole mom's side of the family never had theirs out, or even had braces or anything, and their teeth are flawless. On the other hand, me and my 2 brothers and 1 sister have all had braces, 2/4 have had the wisdom teeth out and probably 2 more to come too. Apparently my dad distributed his genes for bad teeth. :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 3
hunter1801
hunter1801
07/24/2007 5:57 pm
My mouth was really hurting after I got mine pulled. It all depends on how deep they are. The more bone they have to dig through, the more its going to hurt/swell later on. My brother got his pulled a while ago, and I was hoping he would feel the same pain I did lol, but he felt NOTHING! Sort of like you I imagine. Glad its all done though.
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
07/24/2007 7:22 pm
I caught hell when I had mine removed. All 4 of mine were rotated 90 degrees and pointed towards my front teeth, which in turn were pushing on all my other teeth. Had braces and all b/c of that....
What made it bad on me is that since they were growing straight towards the front of mouth instead of straight up, it required surgery and they had to remove part of my jaw bone to get them out...I was out for the count for about a week, and on Lortab that whole week.....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/24/2007 8:12 pm
I'm pretty sure they do something with the jaw bone for just about everybody, but who knows. I'm just pumped that I got away without any pain. Although I still have a shot a getting a dry socket. I've heard those are murder, but only about 5% of patients end up with them and 9/10 of them are women so I've been told, so I hope all continues on the same track. It could be the greatest feeling ever though... I can only compare it to breaking a bone and feeling nothing. You know it should kill, but for whatever reason it doesnt. Wisdom teeth definitely vary in pain from person to person though. My friend had very little pain, but another swears that its the worst experience of his life. :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 6
HDJ
HDJ
07/24/2007 10:03 pm
Your one of the lucky ones then....My experience was the worst out of anything....and that includes almost cutting the end off of my finger with hedge trimmers (cut the tip of the bone and a bunch of nerves, still don't have any feeling in the tip). Luckily that finger wasn't on my fretting hand.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 7
rockonn91
rockonn91
07/29/2007 5:17 pm
You're definatly lucky... my meds didnt work at all. Ibuprophin literally worked better than the high-class stuff they gave me. the only thing it did was give me the munchies, which wasn't fun, because I couldnt eat.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 8
RandyEllefson
RandyEllefson
07/30/2007 12:40 am
People tried to freak me out when mine were done too but it was a piece of cake. Having my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks after another surgery years later is a different story!!!! :eek:
Like riffs? Melody? Shred? Free mp3s? Acoustic guitars galore? Download tunes from my new acoustic album, classical guitar album, or hard rock albums at www.randyellefson.com
# 9
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/30/2007 2:58 am
Yeah, I was on advil round the clock which resulted in absolutely no pain at all, although still very lucky as people who take the strong stuff feel pain. And not to mention I lost 6 lbs due to the low calorie liquid diet I was on. So about 7 days later, 6 lbs lighter, and a whole new man! :D Lemme tell ya, it was an awesome unintentional crash diet to kickstart the weight loss I'm hoping to achieve this summer. BooYah! And I'm not really fat to begin with, currently 6 ft 180 lbs, but sports are demanding these days, so you know... :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.