View post (SHALL WE STAND ALREADY?!)

View thread

MorseRulez
MorseRulez
10/23/2001 2:40 pm
Originally posted by Joseph
A lot of us have become terrorized with the recent case of Anthrax that's spreading across this country. It's very scary to not only have to fear for our safety, but for the air we breathe. It's a nightmare, and it keeps getting worse, not because of this disease, but because as American's we have been mislead since this case has spread.

I can understand the intentions of authorities (at least to a certain extent) and some can understand why they refuse to release too much information too soon, because they don't want to see a panic attack across this country. They don't want to give people something to worry about until everything is confirmed. However, treating the American public like children is not the surest way to handle this situation. But doing so, they are admitting that they don't have strong confidence in the majority of citizens in this country.

Public-health bureaucrats have grown smugly accustomed to telling us what we should think instead of what we should know. We have our families to worry about, as we wait patiently glued to our television sets, we want answers, and most importantly, we want the truth. Secretary Thompson stated emphatically that "there is no evidence of terrorism," when news broke about the Florida man who had contracted the first case of inhalation anthrax in 25 years. However, he did not mention that the victim lived about a mile from an air strip where terrorist hijacker Mohammed Atta rented planes or that several of Atta's fellow hijackers also visited and asked questions at a crop-dusting business in Belle Glade, Fla., 40 miles from his home in Lantana.

For some people it's understandable that authorities feel that it's important not to take too many risks, or to toy with the emotions of American citizens. But when our health is concerned, they should tell us the information exactly how it is when they receive it. As American citizens we should be given the choice of whether or not it's necessary to move half way across the country, and we should be given the chance to gather enough information as possible. The prescription for panic prevention lies in letting us judge the risk and what to do about it for ourselves. Truth is always the most effective antidote to fear.

Now the FBI is investigating the Florida cases, and other case around the country. It has taken a long time for everything to come full circle, and its a shame that these acts of terrorism have slipped under the cracks. As American citizens, it's not our job to continuously blame others for what has transpired, however it's very important for us to open our eyes, and recognize what we are dealing with in this world. Sometimes the truth is blind, and we have to find a way to work around that, showing that we are fully responsible to view life in a realistic nature, because at this point we have no choice. It's a long a winding process in regaining our freedom in this country, and we must keep our heads up as we continuously search for answers!

-Joseph

although you have many great points, i'd like to say one thing. i am still FREE! those bastards are gonna have to go WAY farther than they have, before i become scared. i'm a 100% mule-headed, pissed-off, AMERICAN who feels violated at the wussy cowardly act the little crazed piss ants pulled! i hope they enjoy hell. imagine the look on their faces when, upon their vain deaths, they seen the paradise they inherited. dumbasses! i know this doesn't sound very Christian-like, but mad is mad, and i'm as mad as their new home. anyone who is frightened, or becoming frightened, try this. just look at some of the pictures of the jets hitting the towers, or people jumping from the towers to their deaths. or read interviews with the people who lost someone in the tragedy. it makes my blood boil everytime! and when the blood boils, there is no fear. OSAMA BIN-BOY, YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, PUNK!

[Edited by MorseRulez on 10-23-2001 at 10:46 AM]