View post (Official GT Chat Survey)

View thread

Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
07/11/2007 11:16 pm
First, I would like to start my offering my apologies for removing the chat without consulting peolpe.

Clearly a lot of people have good memories of the GT Chat and there is more support for continuing it than I thought there would be.

I should have let people know what I intended to do, to give everyone a chance to work out an alternative.

I am not opposed to having a chat on GT. I just want to have a good chat.

The only effort needed to make a chat successful is for people to be in the chat room.

I know my experience with our GT Chat for the last six months is that no one is in there.

For Chat to really work, this needs to change.

I have heard through private messages that several people have come forward offering to put in effort to make sure that the chat does become popular enough to sustain itself.

These folks are regular members who have offered to make the chat room a regular part of their forum visit.

Since some forum members visit daily, this can have a huge impact on the success of the Chat.

If you are willing to make visiting a Chat Room part of your regular forum visit, please indicate on this thread.

Please indicate roughly how often you visit the site, and how much you can offer to show up.

All of this is non-binding. We just want to get a count.

If you prefer to PM me this info, that is fine also.

Thanks,

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons