Gibson Marauder, Need Help Quick!

Erik2005
Erik2005
10/17/2001 5:44 am
Hi everyone,

Ok I found this gibson marauder:

It is a very good price and I was wondering how they sound, does anyone have any experience with these? Do they sound similiar to a Les Paul? Thanks in advance!

-Erik

# 1
hendrix_jimi
hendrix_jimi
10/17/2001 1:35 pm
First of all, check out the first thread you started, and post what your thoughts are on the advice we gave you.

Secondly, where is this guitar from? Is it from a friend? Or a store/the internet? How much is this guitar?

Most of the guitarists on this site will agree that you should buy a guitar because the tone sounds good to you. So, learn to play the guitar, then you can walk into the guitar store and compare guitars.
excuse me, but i must kiss the sky
# 2
Erik2005
Erik2005
10/18/2001 4:28 am
Well here is the situation:

I have plenty of money to get an Epiphone Les Paul or a Gibson Marauder and a decent amp. I have listend to countless live shows of Sum 41 where the main singer is using a Gibson Les Paul, and I like the sound of it. Now, apparently his main guitar is a Gibson Marauder (you can see him playing it in both there videos) and if that is the guitar he uses is he studio etc than it must sound extremely close to the PRS Paul McCarty that the other guy uses. Now my question is this, is the Marauder sound like a Les Paul? I noticed it had single coil pickups and I read somewhere on this forum that that is good for playing punk music. Can it hit some of the higher notes like the PRS Paul McCarty? I want to have some opinions on the Marauder so I can make a decision on which to buy. What would you guys buy between them, the Epiphone Les Paul or the Marauder? Anyways if you guys could give me soem opinions I would appreciate it a ton. Since we have only one guitar shop hear and they dont have Les Pauls or a used Marauder there isnt much way I can hear one and hold it so ill just have to choose which one I like more based on the opinions I have heard and hope for the best. After listening to the live songs of the Les Paul, and hearing the recorded versions where the Marauder is im almost certain used I think that each should be close to the sound im looking for (the PRS McCarty sound). Also, if anyone knows a guitar that sounds closer to a PRS McCarty than either of these, feel free to post and tell me about it =) (would it be possible to put the McCarty humbucker pickups on a Les Paul or Marauder and would this help with getting the sound closer to the PRS?). Thanks!

-Erik

[Edited by Erik2005 on 10-18-2001 at 12:35 AM]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.