Opinions on Killswitch Engage

polansky
polansky
06/27/2007 6:34 pm
Latelly I got curios bout Killswitch Engage so I got "The end of Hearteache" en the World Ablaze DVD.

Gotta say I don't like any other metalcore bands (if KSE can be called metalcore... I just lost track of music tags), but I liked them.

I like the guitar sonud, pretty nasty but defined distortion and melody overall... well... this guys have some pretty wicked riffs on them (not to mention some pretty cool pintch harmonics), and the more melodic passages I dog too.

Other thing that catched my attention was the stage performance, liked a lot their approch to a "metal" band and the energy they transmit live.

Besides the CD and DVD it's all I know of them, so I have no much reference bout their latest work.

Well I wanted to know what you guys think bout them...
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
06/27/2007 10:11 pm
They're probably my favourite out of the metalcore bands (I don't count Lamb of God, I have no idea why they're lumped into that category). They look pretty damn good live, and Howard has some jaw-dropping vocal moments, even if he does overuse the high-pitched screams. They can play their instruments very well, too. I think they're pretty hit-and-miss in the songwriting department, but when they do hit - "When Darkness Falls", "Rose of Sharyn", "End of Heartache" - they do a great job. I haven't heard anything from their latest album, though. I would like to go and see them live, but there'd probably be too many scenesters. :(
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
Gargy
Gargy
06/27/2007 10:58 pm
They took Holy Diver, one of the best metal songs of all time IMO... and turned it into mallcore. Therefore I hate them almost as much as I hate U2.
# 3
polansky
polansky
06/28/2007 2:26 am
Sometimes I do bash on music I don't like... wich I know I shouldn't but I still do it.

But for me any music has a merit, I wish I could play like the guys on KSE, I really dig their stuff and think must have "something" to writte a song, any song, and to be able to make it heavy and groovy... it's really a goal for me.

I understand there's allways other points of view, wich makes everything intresting and diverse, and that's the axis and purpose of this thread, but I was wondering... what makes a band MALL CORE? it sounds to me as a bad thing but I don't think KSE fits into that...

I don't wanna get into argument, just wanna know opinions so I can get to be more...mmm... acurate on my critisism.
# 4
noisetherapy
noisetherapy
06/28/2007 3:33 am
saw with slipknot and unearth. KE was un-f***ing-real...

the guy has a deafening scream
# 5
damaged
damaged
06/28/2007 1:58 pm
Metal and all its sub-genres (death to power, Behemoth to Stratovarius) is my favorite genre of music yet I can easily say its my least favorite genre as I hate 95% of the metal bands I hear. Confusing?
A lot of my mates believe bands such as KSE, Slipknot and Lamb of God to just be gate way into heavy music. I admit once liking the before mentioned bands but the more you look into heavy music the more you will grow to dislike bands you once loved.
(sorry if it didn't make sense)

-=In Short=-

I use to like KSE quiet a bit but not they are bland and boring to me.

I'm currently Listening to a band Called Mercenary they are from Denmark and have Gothenburg esque sound yet they pull it of much better. :)
I recommend to any heavy music fan checking out the song FireSoul by Mercenary
"Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil."
# 6
polansky
polansky
06/28/2007 10:22 pm
Originally Posted by: damagedI admit once liking the before mentioned bands but the more you look into heavy music the more you will grow to dislike bands you once loved.
(sorry if it didn't make sense)

Get the point, I used like Korn so much, belived that was the heavyest thing ever... and now... I just can't stand them... some band grew in my taste and others just died on the way to become a classic to me, now I get other stuff, some really heavy stuff and now KSE... dunno why.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.