I was wondering...

longliverock83
longliverock83
06/22/2007 3:10 am
What should I do to warm up? right now i just play some riffs what should i do??
Rock & Roll will never die.
# 1
guitstik
guitstik
06/26/2007 7:05 am
Try learning the Maj and Min Pentatonics, I run through them about five times each in several different positions to get my hands limbered up to play. :eek:
# 2

06/26/2007 10:32 pm
I'd start with

-Some stretching Stretching exercises
-Some Scale run.
-Some basic Chords .

just remember that what you do for the warm-up must be done slowly at first, very slowly. When you get ready for some physical effort (basketball, hockey, jogging) you stretch and start slowly right? The same applies to playing guitar.

Hope this helps
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/28/2007 10:55 am
I've never had a warm up routine, I just play whatever riffs or solos I happen to be working on at the time at a slightly slower pace, then after about 15 mins I up the anti and let them rip. I find this helps me to nail solos faster because I'm warming up by playing what I want to play rather than a load of chromatic exercises which get boring after a few years! Either that or just writing a new part is warm up enough for me - I don't get much time to play at all these days so I try to adopt the 'shortest distance between two points is a straight line approach' to get the most out of my sessions (usually at 1am in between babies screaming for bottles). If I'm playing a small difficult part with an unusual pattern I might play it up and down over the entire fretboard in a scalar format over and over but that is usually just to get the rhythm and pattern/co-ordination into my head (it does help to play the part faster and cleaner too).
# 4
ren
ren
06/29/2007 10:10 am
I do chromatics 3 & 4 per string, sweeps (random patterns) and then legato up and down an Am scale on each string. Then I play something 'stretchy' like the into to a Police song that I forget the name of, or something tricky at a relatively slow pace.

In the winter, I'll spend about 15 minutes gradually working up to speed, in the summer it's probably more like 5.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.