View post (scary realization)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
06/21/2007 10:42 am
Actually, most funeral homes will have what they call a "planner", that has everything that would need to be done in a check list folder. Having gone through it there is a lot of gov't bs that has to be dealt with (especially if they are collecting pensions or have RRSPs etc), and I found the planner quite helpful. It would be good to keep track of all the important documents... will, deed to homes, property, safety deposit box keys, where all their bank accounts are etc, and usually there is a place to record this stuff in the planner.

If you know where they want to be buried when they pass on, I would start there. Now Funeral homes are a business just like anything else, so they will probably try to sell you a package of somesort... which is easier to think rationally about why they are still here. My mother knew what she wanted, and where she wanted to be buried - so I just followed her wishes. She even wrote her own obituary, if you can beleive that.. lol

I know it can be hard to try and think of these things now, but its twice as hard to think about it after they are gone.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.