View post (Stupid $%#% Windows computers)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/13/2007 3:22 am
Originally Posted by: GargyI take it you aren't into computers mroe than just basic operations (MacOS is Satan, don't even get me started)

Actually, it's the opposite. I make my living using computers about 12 hours a day for everything from studio recording to teaching guitar lessons, designing web pages, working on photos, email, web browsing, mastering, recording etc etc.. then several hours at home doing publicity, making sure that when you put "Schmange" into any search engine, a few thousand hits come up about everything I've got for sale.
There's 900gb of hard drive space filled with things like several hundred plug-ins for Cubase like Absynth, Pro-52, Moog, Spektral Delay, dozens of reverbs, phasers, The Grand, B-4, PSPvintage Warmer, T-Racks, Rage, iTunes, MP3 trimmer, ... plus every software you can think of.. Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier, Flash, StudioMX, Sibelius, GuitarPro, Firewalls, Photogrid, MSOffice, Pagemill, Wordperfect, Recycle, Speedtools, Quicken, Business Attorney, inDesign, AfterEffects, Filemaker, BiasPeak, StarryNight Pro.. hundreds of shareware applications including several I wrote myself and three other 300gb hard drives filled with REX and Wav loops organized by chords and BPM. Plus a second computer just for browsing the net and an iBook so I can work outside in the summer editing loops in ReCycle.

I basically spent the last 10 years taking a Mac G3 and upgrading it to the fastest G4 processor I could find, tricked it out with the maximum of everything, added two 21" monitors etc. Then found the fastest ways possible to organize files and open them.

Even searches are fast and intuitive using FileBuddy.
With Windows, a stupid animated picture of a dog comes up wagging it's tail.

Basically, I was using Windows computers back when it was DOS with Windows 3.1 Before that it was Fortran and Basic on huge room sized computers with fridge sized hard drives and punch cards.

Another cool thing about the Mac is that to type out this entire post, all I had to do was type the words "stupidwindows" and hit the space bar & it typed it out automatically using 'TypeIt4me' from the last time I had this discussion 2 years ago.

so there... thhpppttt..