View post (Now the Taliban will pay a price)

View thread

blackrose
blackrose
10/08/2001 9:37 pm
I think that the bombing was a bit uncalled for...there really isnt that many targets in Afganistan worth the money/time/risk of hitting. Any attack we do whatsoever risks innocent deaths which, if they occured, would make us just as in the wrong as the taliban if not worse for the complete hypocracy of it. I dont think that the president was in the right to risk such an occurance on the behalf of the American people, half of which dont even want him to be president. By the way, if any of you guitar players out there haven't read Ladins speech after the attacks against Afganistan, you need to. He does, as much as I hate to admit it, strike on a good point against the United States. It isnt enough of an excuse to kill people like that, but everyone needs to keep in mind that we are not dealing with a mindless fanatical terrorist with no common sense, we are dealing with a fully competent human being who has as much reasoning behind his beliefs as you and I think we do. The only difference is that his reasoning is targeted against us as much as ours is against him.

What I'm trying to say and I hope I have already said is that this entire occurance is not a conflict of nationalities and foriegn factions, the entire scenario operates at an incredibly personal level on both sides of the conflict. Never forget who we are dealing with, or more importantly, who we are in comparison to them. There isnt that much difference.

All that probably hasn't made any sense yet because I dont write in a coherent pattern, but thats my opinion on the whole thing. Quite a lot of philosophy for a 16 year old guy but I'm sure someone will find it meaningfull.

Id cards for arabs...kind of reminds me of how we treated the Japanese in WW2...