View post (Now the Taliban will pay a price)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/08/2001 8:55 am
1)They did have a chioce in striking... when the whole loecerbi thing happened and there were the two libyan suspects. we didn't go to incentrate inoccent poeple under a tyrant, we (the uk) put sanctions and made life more difficult but never went to war... the result was that both men were handed over (10 years later), and tried, one was cleared and one was convicted...
2)I dont feel that Bin Laden and co are a threat at the minute, from what i've seen they've been made scapegoats... if they're innocet of the 11th ongoings, it will still be seen as just as he was responsible for bombings of the american embasies....
3) "The president gave them a chance" hold on! When did he give them a real chance? The talaban asked for eveidence, and they were told no! This is much more vital than tring to buy the enemy over... The evidence in itself is very bizzar, they say they've found the passport (made of paper and leather cover) belonging to one of the hijackers (who got blown into tiny meaty chunks, probably whith his passport in his pocket) acouple of blocks down the road from the trade centre, but where is the black box (virtually indistructable)? Also noone know who's dead and who still alive, there are reports that 5 of the 19 are alive, then it was said that these aren't hijakers, they're the real people that the hijackers had used their names, but the names of the hijaker have'nt changed, but there are poeple saying this isn't true...this doesn't add up to me.
4)"Osama bin Laden, his attacks on our country proved he is nothing more than a coward" ... remeber inoccent till proven guilty, and the president saying he believes that he is wouldn't stand up in court...
5)"to prevent evil ffrom invading this country like never before"... Give me one good reason why the death of so many innocent(past the 1.5 million mark now) iraqi's is just accepted, but a few thousand americans (a couple of hundred brits,etc) is some how "The worst act of terrorism", and is some unacceptable evil?
6)I told you (back in the america under attack thread) that they would say they care for the afgan poeple, and then drop bombs... they've become a little wiser since iraq, as such blatant lying cant go unseen, so they drop food as well... the improtant question is, is it meant to be another cosmetic policy, to be picked up their friends in the media, to use as a propaganda tool, or are they really going to feed starving afgan soon to be facing winter... They've droped 39,000 rations (according to BBC news), if they carry this on, there may be enough, but the truth is they're expecting a hell of alot more than 39,000 poeple (a couple million)... so really i've got to keep an eye out for this
7) Another summit that the US pulled out of, was an anti terrorism summit in Febuary... i only found out about this when one of MPs (that's a bit like a member of congress) dropped it into the debate on "Question time", which really shocked me!
8) 60% of americans support the idea that arabs should carry identity cardS! What the hell is the matter with these poeple?! The poeple who are suspected to have caused the crash are all reported to have had false identities, so how are id cards going to help? How do you think arabs will feel about being stopped in the street for being arabs? I've seen the american health service, and i've always wondered why the worlds richest country can't make it's health service free for all? Well, money wasted on id cards, could be better spent on steps to makeing health care more equal for example... If arabs are made to carry id cards, what stops the government making black poeple carrying id, or Oriental, do you knw what i mean?
9)I am the only on to have heard about the president's comment, where he said... i cant remember word for word, but something like : i'm not gonna send a $2,000,000 missile to blow up a $10 tent, just to kick some camels butt.
Which is true, most targets in afganistan are worth less than the bombs, because the counrty has basically been bombed into the stone ago do to civil war, drought, and never realy recovering from the whole war against the USSR...
10) "this isn't a war against islam"... praise the lord for honest mps (not very many though). Going Back to "question time", there is a list of terrorist organisations, and they are all muslim... now i'm no terorism expert but right now i could name oooh, 3 terrorist organisation that aren't muslim, and so aren't on the list (the IRA, mossad, the Tamile tigers), just from the top of my head...
11) this being handled very badly, but the truth is in years to come the truth will disappear in the flag flying, national anthem singing, uniform wareing, saluting dogma...