View post (Now the Taliban will pay a price)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
10/08/2001 4:11 am
``Now the Taliban will pay a price,'' Bush vowed.

I'm sure the last thing you guys want is another reminder that this world has gone to war, but this stuff is all that's on my mind as of late, and I just have to vent. Being that this is a FREE DISCUSSION board, I figure why not. Because, I really want to know how you guys feel about what's going on in this world? How you feel about the administration in charge, and whether or not you gys feel they had no other choice in striking?

No one was supposed to be prepared for this, just like the first attack that took plac on SEPT 11. Basically, for most of us, it's still hard for us to belueve what is going on. We never thought that we would face war at such a high level once again in this country. We don't live life thinking that insanity should control our actions and that's a good thing. We have to continue coming together as human beings, and we can't allow the rest of the worl to think that we are fragile as American's. It's unfortunate that it takes tragedy to unite us like this, but something good has to
come out of this, a way to begin the healing process and to show the world that our love for our country, and for each other cannot be destroyed! The only way ti start the healing process is to know that bin Laden and his troops are no longer a severe threat. And we can't just take his word for it.

We can't just roll over and play dead, and I guess there are too many people in charge who don't want to take the risk in sacrificing more innocent lives in this world. Our minds should be put at ease, and there should be a simple way to resolve things, but at this point it's impossible. If America doesn't strike and eliminate all of their weapon reasources, immediately, than we will always have to look over our shoulders as American citizens for the rest of our lives. We will always have to wonder when the next time will come, when our lives will be threatened.

I've been talking to a lot of people, and the one thing they are worried about is possible retaliation, and other deals that may have been secretly made with other countries. Basically, we have to take it all one step at a time, and we shouldn't jump the gun. But The president gave them a chance, he even offered them millions of dollars, to make things easier, and to prevent this from happening again. But because they have decided to ignore the presidents requests for peace, in some ways he had no choice.

I know it's scary, it's scary to even think about what will become of this world in he next coming months. But I for one can longer sit back and just hope for this situation to just go away. I'm thinking about the future of my family one day, and the thought of living free and clear from terrorism. To live in a country that makes it almost impossible to have have our lives threatened so unexpectedly (ever again,) to once again regain that feeling of security that was almost destroyed!

Osama bin Laden, his attacks on our country proved he is nothing more than a coward, and that he has sealed his own fate. He has come to the end of the road, but he will not thrreaten this country, espevcially after what thousands of people have done in the past to give us freedom. My Grandfather he fought in world War 2, my family goes back a long way, and we have worked too hard to have our beliefs destroyed, or to have our lives threatened until the end of time.

I was never an advocate for violence, nor do I think that it's the answer to all of our problems all of the time. However, sometimes actions speak louder than words, and there are times when we have to be willing to accept that, to prevent evil ffrom invading this country like never before.

I've talked to many people, and thet wonder why now? Especially since America has just sat back over the past few years when other acts of terrorism have hit our country. Why Now? There's no simple answer to this question, however, you can only turn the other cheek so many times. And yes, America cannot lose face over this attack, we have to be strng, and willing to fight for what we believe in.

Only God knows what will come of this world, only God knows if we'll survive mentally, but we can no longer allow other countries to take us apart piece by piece.

What are your opinions on this, do you feel that The President should have waited a little bit longer to strike?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."