Any songs that get to you?

ravenx495
ravenx495
05/07/2007 11:30 pm
Does anyone ever hear a song made by a band you completely hate, but it gets to you emotionally and you end up liking the song? With me, I heard the Fray on the radio, and I was about to change it when the song really got to me. It was "How to save a life". I had no idea how I put that song on my MP3 playa, but I did.

Anyone else have the same experience anytime?
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/08/2007 12:12 am
Well, not quite that but I can't listen to 'Imagine' by John Lennon and 'The Messiah will come again' by Roy Buchanan without getting a little misty. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know. Quite the man.... :o
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
05/08/2007 12:43 am
I usually hate christian radio (my moms always got it on), but there's one song called 'in christ alone' that i really feel every time. It was the period in life, that i heard it...Just one of those songs that reminds me of it every time i hear it.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/08/2007 1:07 am
Hmm... i'm guessing you're meaning some song that is outside of you usual genres of interest. Black Sheep, which is a rap group... I think from the early 90's I love them. Its just because they're clever and I can enjoy them because of how clever they are sometimes in their lyrics.
A particular song... hmm... a lot of songs get to me. Hmm... well I guess the most recent would be a classic rock song... "dust in the wind" you all know who its by I image.. Kanssas. I've had a general distaste for classic rock for a while, just because I've heard it all so much. I heard that song one night on the radio and now I'm a little addict of the song.

# 4
rockonn91
rockonn91
05/08/2007 1:39 am
A couple of songs off Clapton's Unplugged album;Tears in Heaven and Old Love especially.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/08/2007 9:56 am
"Sweet Child o'Mine" by Guns'N'Roses. That's right, I don't like GNR - pillory me, already :p But I really like that song.

Also, "Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd. I know the lyrics are patchy, but it's a good one nonetheless.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
05/08/2007 9:57 am
coldplay-yellow

once upon a time...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
05/08/2007 6:56 pm
The song "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's (emo garbage that i do not like). The first time I heard it, the lyrics were errily similar to what I'm going through with my girlfriend. It's just a love song about a guy and girl who are in love but live on opposite sides of the country for the time being. The lyrics are kinda corny but sweet at the same time, and I find myself wondering "hey how come i didn't think of that?" lol!

And I know what you mean about that song by The Fray...it makes me think of my gf cuz she likes it (probably cuz of Grey's Anatomy aka the lamest show on tv), so sometimes I have trouble changing it when it comes on the radio.
# 8
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
05/08/2007 7:46 pm
Well I wouldn't say I HATE Tool, but I'm definitely not a fan. Maynard is a great vocalist but hes an idiot. I like a couple of songs by them. The one that can really make me space out is there cover of Zep's "No Quarter." After the intro and first verse where Adam Jones uses that little crunch to the guitar but its still like a "spacious" tone, that part always hits me for some reason.

I'm not a huge Dave Matthews Band fan either, aside from a couple of songs also. But the song "Crush" also gives me the same effect as the Tool song. The musicianship in that song never ceases to amaze.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 9
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
05/08/2007 9:17 pm
I think I could be the king of getting hooked on strange songs. I have been known to get hooked into severely "poppy" songs like miracles happen by Myra, or unwritten by Natasha Bettingfield. Aside from that I have found myself addicted to an australian hip hop group, Hilltop Hoods. Their stuff is actually really good. They incorporate jazz type stuff into their beats, and they sing about stuff in a tone that doesnt make you feel outraged and angry about life, i love it! Really doesn't fit this thread topic, but its close enough, and their great so oh well. One other song my friend actually got me hooked on is BBQ stain by Tim McGraw. I kinda despise country, but somehow it stuck. I could go on forever with odd songs that I listen to, but i think thats enough. You get the idea. Basically all of those songs you laugh at in the soundtracks of disney movies........end up on my ipod. :o
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 10
earthman buck
earthman buck
05/08/2007 9:59 pm
Every now and then I'll hear one of my Dad's olde-tyme bluegrass/country songs and I'll be like "Bravo, countrysters. That was pretty cool."
# 11
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
05/09/2007 12:28 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymint
I'm not a huge Dave Matthews Band fan either, aside from a couple of songs also. But the song "Crush" also gives me the same effect as the Tool song. The musicianship in that song never ceases to amaze.[/QUOTE]
That one always gets me going. I always feel gay listening to it for some reason though.

[QUOTE=weslaba]I think I could be the king of getting hooked on strange songs. I have been known to get hooked into severely "poppy" songs like ...or unwritten by Natasha Bettingfield

Guilty
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 12
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
05/09/2007 12:33 am
Ya, I really don't know what is so great about "unwritten" And the funny thing is, it's not even a phase of listening to it for a week. My friend jokingly showed it to me like a year ago, and apparently it stuck. Who knew that -4--5p4--4p2--2p0 could be so addicting. Having such a wide spread love of music can't be a bad thing though. :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 13
halo71
halo71
05/09/2007 12:37 am
The Dance by Garth Brooks. For some strange reason this song moves me. Although I play VERY little country.
# 14
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
05/09/2007 12:46 am
This one is real Sic but true....Hello Darlin by Conway Twitty. Thats what happens when your mom owns every album he ever made. I still know every word. I have not heard it in a long time but when I even think about it I want to start singing it....Sick! I despise modern country and I grew up loving Iron Maiden. But Conway Twitty is still lurking in the Closet...... :eek:
# 15
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/09/2007 1:35 am
Originally Posted by: FingerSpasmThis one is real Sic but true....Hello Darlin by Conway Twitty. Thats what happens when your mom owns every album he ever made. I still know every word. I have not heard it in a long time but when I even think about it I want to start singing it....Sick! I despise modern country and I grew up loving Iron Maiden. But Conway Twitty is still lurking in the Closet...... :eek:

Man, that's funny. I still catch myself singing 'After the lovin...'
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 16
ravenx495
ravenx495
05/09/2007 11:41 am
Originally Posted by: Weslabaunwritten by Natasha Bettingfield.

:eek: :eek: :eek: man even i aint that soft
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 17
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
05/09/2007 6:33 pm
Its a catchy tune alright! :D ....No big deal though....my friends always give me crap about the questionable music I listen to.

SoundClick Page

# 18
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
05/09/2007 7:18 pm
My wife and I were driving home and this song came on the radio. I think it was called (I loved her First) Im not sure who does it maybe Heart Land its a country song but I want it played at my little girls wedding for our Father Daughter Dance. I almost started to cry.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 19
halo71
halo71
05/11/2007 2:22 pm
Here are the lyrics and chords to that song....if you are interested.....

Artist/Band: Heartland
Lyrics for Song: I Loved Her First
Lyrics for Album: I Loved Her First

D Bm G G/F# Em A

D Bm
Look at the two of you dancin' that way
G G/F# Em A
Lost in the moment and each other's face
D Bm
So much in love, you're alone in this place
G G/F# Em A
Like there's nobody else in the world

D Bm
I was enough for her not long ago
G G/F# Em A
I was her number one, she told me so
D Bm
And she still means the world to me just so you know
G G/F# Em A
So be careful when you hold my girl

Bm G D A
Time changes everything, life must go on And I'm not gonna stand in your way

D Bm G G/F# Em
I loved her first, I held her first And a place in my heart will always be hers
A D Bm
From the first breath she breathed when she first smiled at me
G G/F# Em A
I knew the love of a father runs deep
Em D/F# G G/F#
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
Em D/F# A
But it's still hard to give her away
D Bm G G/F# Em A
I loved her first

D Bm G G/F# Em A
How could that beautiful woman with you Be the same freckled-face kid that I knew
D Bm G G/F# Em A
The one that I read all those fairytales to And tucked into bed all those nights
Bm G
And I knew the first time I saw you with her
D A
It was only a matter of time

D Bm G G/F# Em
I loved her first, I held her first And a place in my heart will always be hers
A D Bm
From the first breath she breathed when she first smiled at me
G G/F# Em A
Em D/F# G G/F#
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
Em D/F# A
But it's still hard to give her away
D
I loved her first

D Bm G G/F# Em
LEAD (Fiddle if ya got one)

D Bm
From the first breath she breathed When she first smiled at me
G G/F# Em A
Em D/F# G G/F#
Someday you might know what I'm goin' through
Em D/F# A
When a miracle smiles up at you
D Bm G G/F# Em A D
I loved her first
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.