best sites to learn from seeking advice

teacherofstring
teacherofstring
05/04/2007 11:39 am
New member just saying hello. The best site I found so far to learn from is
You Can Play Guitar
An absolute ton of great free information there, songs, theory, all of it covered in great detail. In fact I learned so much that I started looking for more advanced techniques or elements to add to my current style.

I'm hoping to get some feeddback from some of the customers here who may have actually purchased some of the lessons offered here at guitar tricks. Which one those of you think are best and why. I want to continue to learn more advanced techniques to share with my guitar students. I'm extremely interested in the open string country licks that Brent Mason and others like him play and use and I've adapted some fingertapping techniques to that style of what I so far know and have learned.
Any insight from any members here who have purchased the lessons will be greatly appreciated.
:cool:
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/04/2007 12:10 pm
Haha the only reason you would think that site is the best is because you didn't find guitartricks first. I honestly don't like the thought of having DVD's that could get scratched. All online is where it's at.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Digit
Digit
05/05/2007 6:07 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaHaha the only reason you would think that site is the best is because you didn't find guitartricks first. I honestly don't like the thought of having DVD's that could get scratched. All online is where it's at.

This has gotta be the top site on the web anywhere.
I've learned so much from taking lessons here that it totally blows away any DVD lessons or private lessons from a teacher.
Besides... the instructors are helpful and friendly... the forum members go out of their way to help and it they can't, they provide links where you can go get the information.

I had to quit lessons while I attended college but as soon as I've got the cash, I'm joining up again.... hell 7.95 a month is less than coffee and you get 24 hour access.
Gotta join up again next month cause I need my daily fix...
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/05/2007 11:17 am
I'm kinda biased cause I work here but I've never heard anything but great comments on the site here.
Best advice is try joing up for a coupla months and see how you like it.
There's probably enough lessons on the site to learn a new one every day for the next 5 years....with new video lessons being added every day.
Compare only $7.95 per month to what you'd get for 5 times that much from a teacer who'd only give lesson sa coupla times a week.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.