Enigmatic

equator
equator
04/30/2007 10:24 pm
I’ve always wanted to do something based on the Enigmatic Scale. So today I made a weird track, and then I wanted to play lead guitar over it, but I decided against it, just because I thought it makes a good background as it is.
What do you guys think? How can I improve this track?

Enigmatic

Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 1
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/30/2007 10:30 pm
hm....a very exotic sound i must say, but I think it was quiet soothing. A job well done. :)

I hate to ask, but what is the enigmatic scale? :confused:
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 2
equator
equator
04/30/2007 10:35 pm
Thanks, ravenx495.
I appreciate your comments. :cool:

Edit: The Enigmatic Scale is an exotic major scale with four alterations. There is also another scale with minor tonality, appropriately called Enigmatic Minor.
Hope that answers your question.

equator's Music Page.

# 3
quickfingers
quickfingers
04/30/2007 11:07 pm
while its interesting, it lacks melodic drive. obviously, you made that to just mess around on the scale, and i remember when i first started doodling with scales...it didnt exactly sound good at first. but once you get comfortable with playing some lead patters in that scale, im sure melodies would surely follow.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 4
equator
equator
05/01/2007 5:04 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingerswhile its interesting, it lacks melodic drive. obviously, you made that to just mess around on the scale, and i remember when i first started doodling with scales...it didnt exactly sound good at first. but once you get comfortable with playing some lead patters in that scale, im sure melodies would surely follow.

Thanks for listening man. Yeah, I know what you mean, but I didn’t want to create a melody on purpose, instead I wanted to do some sort of background music or ambience, if you know what I mean.
My next goal would be making an actual song, with drums, chord changes, bass, etc.

equator's Music Page.

# 5
quickfingers
quickfingers
05/01/2007 8:03 pm
yea, i understand. but keep in mind that just becasuse your working around a general melody, doesnt mean your just making a pop song or something. everything, even ambient music, has to go somewhere direction-wise. so maybe work in some sort of chord progression that highlights those alterned notes of the enigmatic scale, and work something out. woot!
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.