View post (Thrash Song I Wrote)

View thread

Songman
Songman
04/22/2007 9:30 pm
Now there's a song title!

You cannot have personal satisifaction without pleasing others. Their pleasure is what gives you satisfaction. To have the talent and write just to please yourself is very selfish anyway. That's like God gave you a cure for cancer and you just keep it to yourself, family, and friends.

To see someone you may or not know jumping from a building on televison is not the same as holding your best friends riddled body in you arms as he begs you to save his life.

Don't get me wrong. Raven can write about things she hasn't experienced, or she can take the her experiences and feelings and use them to write about these things, however, I truly believe she should start with her own experiences first and then she has a base to grown on.

Whatever she does, is has be her true feelings not something made up.

I'm sure you realize that most successful songs are not written my a single writer that writes from his soul. Labels have a staff of writers that sit around and do nothing but write songs. They don't write a song from inspritation. The label reviews these songs and decides what to record and they will base there decision on the market. What will make money. Then they may rewrite and change the music and pick a performer and maybe, just maybe, one out of thousands will be a hit and make them money.

So, an independent writer is not going to make it by just jotting down anything. The independent writer creates, creates the songs that are around for years and years not for just a couple of weeks. These are the great songs! These are the songs people sing while driving to work or in the shower. These are the songs that last forever. These are written by independent song writers that experienced the emotions that they conveyed. These are true. This is pure honesty.

Enough, I'm done. I will not say anything more on the subject. Like I said it's just my opinion and that and $40 bucks may get your a tank of gas.

Goodbye