View post (How high do you set your standards?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
10/06/2001 1:00 am
Originally posted by chris mood
My philosophy is; be a nice of guy as you can, learn when to speak up and when to shut up, be reliable.

I think it's great to think in terms of longevity, I guess I do my best to make sure that I'm not wasted my time, and also the time of others. When starting a band, there is no such thing as a overnight sensation, (unless you have a rich uncle or something.) I believe in dedication and hard work, and if that's just not something that's on someone's agenda, then like I said, I would want to waste my time.

For me, making music is about more than hopes of being famnous one day. It's all about learning about yourself, and evolving as a person. I've seen too many people come and go who were only interested in the bright lghts, and basically they just burned themselves out too early, and threw away what could have been a strong career in music.

Too many people today set such short deadlines for themselves, based on attaining fame and fortune. Music is in my blood, regardless on whether or not I can make a living off of it for the rest of my life, I don't think I'll ever stop trying to find ways to challenge myself.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."