View post (a good ol' love song)

View thread

ravenx495
ravenx495
05/15/2007 2:15 am
Originally Posted by: Songman
In the beginning I asked, "Who are you writing for?", which I never got a reply.

Well, lemme just say this. I'm only 13 years old, and I'm not looking to going into anything serious with my songwriting. Not yet at least. So I guess I just write for myself. Maybe a few friends. I also write songs for my band. And trust me, the way the singer in my band sings it, well, you can't really understand what he is singing (death metal vocals) so I don't think people we perform the song to will not really care about the lyrics. (Oh yeah, this song in the thread is not death metal, I'm just trying to convey a quick point about MY style of music involving the singing and lyrics) The singing is just a little junk to make it a band with a singer. There's nothing special in my bands singing. Really, this song is about the music. I'm gonna get it recorded (I hope) and you guys can listen to it. I bet then, Songman, you'll change you're mind about it. Lyrics don't seem all that important to me. I like writing songs, but I like tackling all the music, then throw down some depressing words down on paper. The music really is my only concern I dont work very hard on lyrics only music. I don't even care about them when I am the designated lyricist of the band. I focus on the music all the time. Me and my buddies play through the music a bunch, I write some lyrics, then we practice it as a whole. I don't want lyrics and singing to be a big distraction from the music of the songs. This kind of stuff comes from death metal. Children of Bodom is amazing musically, and I basically don't even listen to the singing. I'm always listening for guitar melody and bass melody, getting the music to move me. Slayer sort of did the same thing. I didn't pay attention to the gorey lyrics. They made me get my ear right up to the speaker and listen to the MUSIC! The singing in these bands just convey moods to the song, just to boost the mood of the music. See what I mean?
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...