View post (Suggestions?)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/13/2007 8:03 pm
Hey guys, I'd like your input on something.

I've got an audition on Tuesday so I can get into a guitar major in school next year. For now, all I have to do is go in, play some stuff, and show some proficiency on the guitar. Now, I don't know many songs that I can play solo that wouldn't require some rhythms to a certain extent. I've considered Bron Yr Aur, which I've pretty much got up to speed. However, that song is still pretty friggin difficult to me to play by myself all the way through without any mistakes. And I don't own a good acoustic, and playing it on my Ibanez can be a bit of a challenge. I may play some Hendrix, probably Little Wing, or something of that nature. But I really don't have many other ideas. Any moderately difficult songs that you would suggest that I could play solo? I pick up on things fairly quick, so with enough practice this weekend I could learn some stuff.

The guy I talked to today sounded pretty cool. Most of the professors there go by Dr. and such, but I asked him if I said his last name right (because its a strange spelling) and he just told me to call him by his first name. Sounded pretty laid back, so it should be cool. I'm a bit nervous. This will be the most "official" thing I've ever had to play guitar for, so hopefully I don't choke.

Thoughts appreciated.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.