View post (Dissapointed?)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/11/2007 1:10 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI believe music will make a positive rise soon. We've been stuck in a rut of mainstream crap for sometime now, and I believe people are getting sick of it, aside from the confused teens who wouldn't know musical substance if it bit em in the ass. I mean, look at all of the people on this site. There are indeed some talented musicians here who are taking a different approach to music, yet still keeping it "down to earth" so to speak, so others can appreciate it. I'm sure we here at GT aren't alone. Or at least I hope.... There are still some good and innovative bands coming out, but nothing really original has sprung onto the scene for quite sometime. You aren't hearing mainstream bands with the talent they once had. Its all a big trend. People try to establish theirselves into a genre and believe they aren't allowed to stray from it. For example, the metalcore and screamo bs. Thats ALL they do. Look at bands like AIC, who could range anywhere from metal to some pretty mellow acoustical songs.

I guess I'll kick back and watch, and hopefully contribute, to see if my theory of a musical uprise will take place. :cool:

Agree 100%, every time a friend of mine puts on a cd for me to listen to I'm like "I heard this **** last week." He says no, this is a different band, I just shake my head.

Exactly why Between the Buried and Me are the best Metalcore band out there, they go from crazy vocals and intense guitar playing (good guitar playing ;) ) to jazz guitar with soft vocals. They released a cover song cd a few months back, Queen's Bicycle Race was one of the songs. :)
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace