Dissapointed?

ravenx495
ravenx495
04/10/2007 2:13 pm
I have a question...

I was just listening to some Nirvana, and I thought about how some people were dissapointed that the Age of Shred had dissapeared for a while.

So how many people were experiencing the death of shred, in other words, the mid 90's?
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 1
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/10/2007 2:39 pm
Well being 31 I seen things come and go.... then turn back up agin. Its wierd how it all comes around. Im not a huge shred fan but I see it as maby fading back some but not disapering. I mean look at bell bottoms. At one time folks thought that god forsaken fashon trend was over and the population can recover from such a trimatic moment in history. Well low and behold the evil head showed back up years later and was given a new name. Dont fret the day will come when your shred will reapear as a big staple. It may be called something else but folks who where there for the "good ole" shred days will know it for what it really is.

Im dreading the return of tight rolled jeans..... wow I just gave myself the creaps...lol
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
04/10/2007 2:43 pm
The death of shred began a lot earlier than the mid 90's. The late 80's is where "shred" really began to die out. It was never in the super-lime-light of mainstream. Atleast, not in the same way that rock was in the late 80's with the invention of MTV. The term "video killed the radio star" was as accurate as you could get.

I was only 7 when Nirvana's Nevermind was coming to fruitation... but I can remember my brothers being into it. The truth is bands like Mudhoney, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam where all doing the same thing at that time... they just didn't get lucky with a radio ready hit like "Smells Like Teen Spirit"...

The music of the late 80's and early 90's bred some of my most favorite music... GnR, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Candlebox... literally hundreds of great bands came out of that era... As far as the music of the mid 90's.... I welcomed that as well. Change is neccessary in all forms of art. I don't like the recent changes... but atleast I still have the stuff of the old days to fall back on.
# 3
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/10/2007 6:08 pm
I believe music will make a positive rise soon. We've been stuck in a rut of mainstream crap for sometime now, and I believe people are getting sick of it, aside from the confused teens who wouldn't know musical substance if it bit em in the ass. I mean, look at all of the people on this site. There are indeed some talented musicians here who are taking a different approach to music, yet still keeping it "down to earth" so to speak, so others can appreciate it. I'm sure we here at GT aren't alone. Or at least I hope.... There are still some good and innovative bands coming out, but nothing really original has sprung onto the scene for quite sometime. You aren't hearing mainstream bands with the talent they once had. Its all a big trend. People try to establish theirselves into a genre and believe they aren't allowed to stray from it. For example, the metalcore and screamo bs. Thats ALL they do. Look at bands like AIC, who could range anywhere from metal to some pretty mellow acoustical songs.

I guess I'll kick back and watch, and hopefully contribute, to see if my theory of a musical uprise will take place. :cool:
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 4
strat-man
strat-man
04/10/2007 6:16 pm
Originally Posted by: MAVERIC777
Im dreading the return of tight rolled jeans..... wow I just gave myself the creaps...lol

They ARE back my friend...Be afraid...Be VERY afraid :eek:
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 5
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/10/2007 10:12 pm
^Saw them for the first time yesterday in back to the future. *shudder*
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 6
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/11/2007 12:38 am
Originally Posted by: strat-manThey ARE back my friend...Be afraid...Be VERY afraid :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/11/2007 1:10 am
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintI believe music will make a positive rise soon. We've been stuck in a rut of mainstream crap for sometime now, and I believe people are getting sick of it, aside from the confused teens who wouldn't know musical substance if it bit em in the ass. I mean, look at all of the people on this site. There are indeed some talented musicians here who are taking a different approach to music, yet still keeping it "down to earth" so to speak, so others can appreciate it. I'm sure we here at GT aren't alone. Or at least I hope.... There are still some good and innovative bands coming out, but nothing really original has sprung onto the scene for quite sometime. You aren't hearing mainstream bands with the talent they once had. Its all a big trend. People try to establish theirselves into a genre and believe they aren't allowed to stray from it. For example, the metalcore and screamo bs. Thats ALL they do. Look at bands like AIC, who could range anywhere from metal to some pretty mellow acoustical songs.

I guess I'll kick back and watch, and hopefully contribute, to see if my theory of a musical uprise will take place. :cool:

Agree 100%, every time a friend of mine puts on a cd for me to listen to I'm like "I heard this **** last week." He says no, this is a different band, I just shake my head.

Exactly why Between the Buried and Me are the best Metalcore band out there, they go from crazy vocals and intense guitar playing (good guitar playing ;) ) to jazz guitar with soft vocals. They released a cover song cd a few months back, Queen's Bicycle Race was one of the songs. :)
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
04/11/2007 12:51 pm
For anyone who has Sirius and doesn't know it already, they have a new channel (24) called Lithium. It's AAAAWWWWWWESOME. Nothing but 90s alternative rock.
# 9
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/11/2007 12:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Scotttaylor72For anyone who has Sirius and doesn't know it already, they have a new channel (24) called Lithium. It's AAAAWWWWWWESOME. Nothing but 90s alternative rock.

XM has one called 'Squizz' that runs the same sort of music.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 10
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/11/2007 1:06 pm
Yea I got the XM here in the shop. Not alowed to listen to Sqizz......well highly frowned on since we have alot of tours through the shop... (mayors, judges, etc). So im stuck with Ethel.... its ok I guess.... :o

MySpace
# 11
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/11/2007 1:37 pm
Originally Posted by: MAVERIC777Yea I got the XM here in the shop. Not alowed to listen to Sqizz......well highly frowned on since we have alot of tours through the shop... (mayors, judges, etc). So im stuck with Ethel.... its ok I guess.... :o

Ethel's okay too. Did you ever listen to Lucy? That's not bad either. I guess that means you can't listen to O&A? Gawd, they make me laugh. Hilarious. I see Jimmy Norton every time he comes through Pittsburgh.

Sorry. Got off point. I love satellite radio. I rarely watch tv now and my CD purchases have dropped of signficantly since there is always something good playing on their somewhere.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 12
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/11/2007 2:49 pm
Yea I normaly switch from Ethal, Squizz, Lucy, and recently Blues Ville #74. Ohhh yea and Big Tracks #49 .... love that old hair bans stuff.

MySpace
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.