View post (Interesting guitar)

View thread

Fret spider
Fret spider
04/10/2007 3:41 pm
i think i agree with what most of u said.

i think u will be able to sound good quikly but this initial fast growth will actually hamper u later on. its the whole thing of learnin by tablature, focuses way to much on which fret what string, rather than the actuall note to play.

i think u would just become dependent on it. like if u made it show a sscale so u could play backin to a track u would never need to develope the ear that tells u if its out of tunes or not.

i dunno it has some promise but u will get futher with hard practice and more listening to notes.

edit: if u look at this page from that site http://fretlight.com/software.html

on the improvisor bit, it says "This is for the intermediate to advanced player who really wants to break out the box."

i mean what the hell, break out of the box by playin a load of notes from a scale painted on for you. what box are u breakin out of then? maybe i should stop this rant efore it gets out of hand.

edit 2: in a way i have changed my mind, i think you could use this. but u should never rely on it. it could be used as part of the method by which u learn but everythin u can do on this guitar u should learn to do without the lights. as long as people practice integligently with this guitar it could be very good but i just see people relyin on it. once u got those little lights what will make u stop.