Interesting guitar

jt419oh
jt419oh
04/10/2007 4:59 am
This guitar looks kind of interesting. If nothing more than memorizing all your scales and modes.

http://fretlight.com
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/10/2007 5:48 am
I was thinking that looked pretty kewl until the sound kicked in.
Man... that scared the crap outa me.

Wish web designers would only add sound as an "option" instead of forcing it on us unsuspecting guys who leave their amps turned up.
# 2
jt419oh
jt419oh
04/10/2007 6:16 am
heh. Sorry m8. I agree about the web designers. I hate going to flashkits.com homepage. This annoying little animated girl, always starts talking."Type something into the box that you want me to say" or some dumb **** like that.

I always forget to turn my sound down too. Heh.
# 3
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/10/2007 1:58 pm
I don't think a guitar with a practically see through fret board would sound that good ;)

not saying I would know...it might be awesome, but you have to play it to be sure :D
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 4
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
04/10/2007 1:59 pm
I think that is no way to learn the guitar.

There's no feeling in it that way. :(
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 5
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/10/2007 2:02 pm
Originally Posted by: maestro shazI think that is no way to learn the guitar.

There's no feeling in it that way. :(

I agree, I mean it's showing you what to do. There's no creativity. You have to play stuff exactly the way it tells you. Damn those lamos with no creativity!!! :mad:
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 6
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
04/10/2007 2:06 pm
Yeah, you're right.

What fun are you gonna have when you trying to find a note and you just cant find it.

I reckon working things out, finding notes out yourself will help you become more accustomed to the guitar rather than just having lights lighting up telling you, 'Hey you! I'm over here'

i really cant believe they came up with this.

Lets wait and see in the future, a guitar hero, who learned with this guitar haha
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 7
Fret spider
Fret spider
04/10/2007 3:41 pm
i think i agree with what most of u said.

i think u will be able to sound good quikly but this initial fast growth will actually hamper u later on. its the whole thing of learnin by tablature, focuses way to much on which fret what string, rather than the actuall note to play.

i think u would just become dependent on it. like if u made it show a sscale so u could play backin to a track u would never need to develope the ear that tells u if its out of tunes or not.

i dunno it has some promise but u will get futher with hard practice and more listening to notes.

edit: if u look at this page from that site http://fretlight.com/software.html

on the improvisor bit, it says "This is for the intermediate to advanced player who really wants to break out the box."

i mean what the hell, break out of the box by playin a load of notes from a scale painted on for you. what box are u breakin out of then? maybe i should stop this rant efore it gets out of hand.

edit 2: in a way i have changed my mind, i think you could use this. but u should never rely on it. it could be used as part of the method by which u learn but everythin u can do on this guitar u should learn to do without the lights. as long as people practice integligently with this guitar it could be very good but i just see people relyin on it. once u got those little lights what will make u stop.
# 8
Tim Giddens
Tim Giddens
04/11/2007 12:52 am
Yea I think you would have to have a plan if you were going to use it.
After all you can teach a rat to press buttons under a light but that doesn't mean it knows what it is doing.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.