Seminar II

andrew3in1
andrew3in1
04/07/2007 1:10 am
:D

Ok, one thing I learned at the Lutherie seminar was what I have been told is a bad thing.

Us WD40 on the finger board of your guitar.

According to the Lutheries at the seminar, this is a :p [U]BAD THING[/U]!

Sometimes people use this stuff to clean the finger board of natural oils from your skin. What most people don't understand is that WD40 is a penetrating oil based product and will in a short period of time soak into the wood of your guitar and ruin it beyond repair.

I tried WD40 once but I didn't like it.

One thing they really recommend is these furniture polish clothes you can buy now. They said it was nice not having polish fly all over the electronics when you spray polish out of a can.

:cool:
Andrew
[FONT=Arial]Sarcasm Just One Of
Our Free Services.[/FONT]
# 1
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/16/2007 11:07 pm
man, you gotta buy the stuff that was made for cleaning guitars! I use FAST fretboard cleaner, and you run a brush over the fretboard while changing strings, OR you can apply it right on while the strings are on, and for the craziest reason your speed is increased drastically! It's f***ing crazy!!!!
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/16/2007 11:39 pm
NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't ever EVER use furniture poliish on a guitar man! LATS is gonna let you have it for not paying attention.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/17/2007 3:16 am
I'll stick to water, a clean cloth and lots of elbow grease.
Only other thing I'll use is a little lemon oil on the neck of my 75 Gibson cause it's totally dried out.
# 4
strat-man
strat-man
04/17/2007 8:15 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaNOOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't ever EVER use furniture poliish on a guitar man! LATS is gonna let you have it for not paying attention.

I concur with the Ninja, furniture polish contains silicon, and silicon is almost impossible to get rid of and it 'seeps' therefore gettin into places you really don't want it! I.e electrics.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.