View post (Most metal baby name?)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/04/2007 2:09 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI agree with LATS' view on this issue. Taste should never be legislated.

Neither should morality. The legislature in this country adopted, many years ago, the view point that the American people are incredibly stupid and need to be protected from everything and told what to think on every issue. We have hit the point in this country where it is a crime and a sin to fend for ourselves. We are told that we are incapable to discerning the truth or the correct actions for ourselves. We are being led blindly to the abattoir and one day, sooner than you think, your government will be knocking on your door and leading you away because you dared try to have your own thoughts.

Orwell was off by about twenty years. If you don't believe me, take a look at the Patriot Act. That was your governments bloody handprint on a piece of legislation that says 'If we think you're up to something, and even if we don't, we're going to watch anything and everything you do." Check out the NSA. They monitor everything. (Hi ya fellas...how are ya?)

Sorry to stray from the topic at hand but I urge all of you, especially the youngsters, to read, vote and stay involved. It's your future. Build it the way you want it.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]