Honest opinions wanted...

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/31/2007 1:55 am
Alright, so I'm doing a cover of my favorite song of all time--Hendrix's "Little Wing." Now, as I've proven here already, I don't have the strongest of voices, but I can typically make it kind of work. Well, Hendrix and everyone who ever covered this song had a much better and deeper voice than me, and I have no range. So will you give this a listen and tell me if you think my voice is probably too weak for such a song, and if this is so, is there any way that I could beef it up?

Keep in mind, I haven't added bass or some other touches that need to be done yet so its pretty rough. Also have to completely redo the vocals because I picked up some sound through my headphones with the mic and now theres a nasty echo. (you'l hear it) No equalization has been done either, so the mix is even worse than mine typically are. So this has a long way to go, but I just wanted some opinions or pointers on the vocals.

Little Wing

Thanks for listening if you can.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
03/31/2007 2:38 am
The vocals sound good, they need some EQ of course and it would sound better if they weren't panned all the way to the right.

Your guitar playing is good except I think would sound better with less wah.
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 2
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
04/01/2007 4:06 am
I think the vocals are fine. Like Julian said they need some EQ work. I agree on the wah too. It's a little over done. Has great potential just needs some tweaking. I look forward to the final mix.
# 3
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
04/01/2007 4:11 am
Very nice, the vocals work well with the song. The wah is a tad overdone, but whatever. It was good, I'd like to see the final mix.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 4
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/01/2007 4:40 am
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll ease up on the wah a bit. I'm gonna work hard on the vocals so its not so pitchy either.

I try to stay away from covering songs...anybody can play someone else's material. But this song is just too great. By far my favorite by Hendrix, or anyone for that matter.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 5
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
04/01/2007 4:43 am
Yeah, I love little wing. In my opinion, some of hendrix's best. Great song.
I also hate doing covers, people always expect the original.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.