grizzlymint
03/27/2007 6:42 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI have two favorite quotes by Benjemin Franklin

The first:

"Do something you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

The second:
"Beer is proof that God exists."

That's all I have to say about that.

Its funny because some people say "Don't make your passion your occupation." I'd respectfully disagree with that statement. You go to college to pursue an occupation that interests you and that you would theoretically like to do for the rest of your life.

I'd also say, I liked what polansky said. You gotta find a balance. Money is a universal language and a necessity to putting food on the table. So I wouldn't have a problem doing a 9-5 job, because that still gives me 16 hours of the day to do music. Probably a few of those spent sleeping and bit more doing other crap. But you can always find time to do what you want if you really want to.

I've really got 4 things I want out of life. Food in my stomach (broad statement covering the other necessities of life such as a "home"), to play music, a woman, and to still have some free time to go fishing. If I can accomplish those, I'd be happy. Doesn't seem like too much work for... Sacrifices will be made, but thats the way life goes.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
ren
ren
03/27/2007 6:47 pm
you'll find satisfying objective 2 very helpful with objective 3... ;)

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/27/2007 6:49 pm
Originally Posted by: renyou'll find satisfying objective 2 very helpful with objective 3... ;)

I've yet to prove that theory correct... :mad:
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 4
ren
ren
03/27/2007 6:51 pm
then you must practice grasshopper... or play seedier bars... :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/27/2007 6:55 pm
Originally Posted by: renthen you must practice grasshopper... or play seedier bars... :D

Eh, it was an unfair statement for me to say that actually because I very seldom play for other people, especially females. Really haven't had much opportunity yet. But I should be able to establish whether or not its true later this year. So stay tuned...
# 6
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
03/27/2007 7:11 pm
I guess a person would have to determin where they are in life (financialy and responsibility) before they went off on the going for you heart when it comes to "what you do". Me being 31... a wife and 2 kids the very thought of venturing into the music as a sole means of money to support my family frightening. Now if I was young..er and only had me to wory about I would be more inclined to go with my heart and follow my dream. Good luck to you man weather you suceed or fail im sure it will be an expierance you will look back on and not have any regrets. You did try.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.