grizzlymint
03/27/2007 6:42 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI have two favorite quotes by Benjemin Franklin

The first:

"Do something you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

The second:
"Beer is proof that God exists."

That's all I have to say about that.

Its funny because some people say "Don't make your passion your occupation." I'd respectfully disagree with that statement. You go to college to pursue an occupation that interests you and that you would theoretically like to do for the rest of your life.

I'd also say, I liked what polansky said. You gotta find a balance. Money is a universal language and a necessity to putting food on the table. So I wouldn't have a problem doing a 9-5 job, because that still gives me 16 hours of the day to do music. Probably a few of those spent sleeping and bit more doing other crap. But you can always find time to do what you want if you really want to.

I've really got 4 things I want out of life. Food in my stomach (broad statement covering the other necessities of life such as a "home"), to play music, a woman, and to still have some free time to go fishing. If I can accomplish those, I'd be happy. Doesn't seem like too much work for... Sacrifices will be made, but thats the way life goes.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.